Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by heffneil on 24 May 2019
  • So the wheels on my FEC 120 were totally shot.  The UV here in SW Florida is just the worst and the hot temps can't help either.  My smoker sits outside 100% of the time under an overhang,  Anyway I was going to buy super nice wheels for $38 a piece that were "weatherproof".  Instead i bought 4 with a nicer lock on them for $38.  Took about 25 minutes to replace them all - had to make sure the smoker didn't fall on me.  The things rolls better than new!

• #2 by heffneil on 24 May 2019
  • Looking at my FEC120 in this pic (sorry one is upside down - stupid iphone) I am still made all these years later that the bottom latch on the door is too low and gets caught when open on the drip edge under the door.  It is about 2 inches too low! Crazy!
  • #3 by triplebq on 24 May 2019
  • Can you pass along where you purchased these wheels from and the part number? I would like to change the wheels on my unit as well.

Thanks
  • #4 by heffneil on 24 May 2019
  • Here they are:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PG4BZYG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

4'' Swivel Heavy Duty Plate Casters, 400Lbs Each Load Capacity Durable Castors Wheels 360 Degree Top Plate Great for Workbench Working Cart Trolley and Furnitures
  • #5 by triplebq on 24 May 2019
  • Thanks just ordered a set!
  • #6 by heffneil on 24 May 2019
  • Awesome! I don't know how they will hold up but they are a little soft in the rubber so on my pavers it runs great.  Nothing special to switch them out.  13mm ratchet and wrench.  1/2" I guess works too :)

Good luck!
  • #7 by triplebq on 27 May 2019
  • Awesome! I don't know how they will hold up but they are a little soft in the rubber so on my pavers it runs great.  Nothing special to switch them out.  13mm ratchet and wrench.  1/2" I guess works too :)

Good luck!

Thanks again for the tip on the wheels. I replaced the wheels on my FEC-120 and CB036.
  • #8 by heffneil on 27 May 2019
  • I think they roll nicer?  I don't know what condition yours were in but these seem like a decent enough improvement and certainly cheap enough right?

What do you cook on your 120?
  • #9 by triplebq on 27 May 2019
  • My wheels on my Charbroiler looked like yours. I had been thinking of replacing them for quite some time. My FEC wheels where OK, still had rubber on them but they were on their way out. Like you I keep mine outside on my patio year round.

I mostly use my FEC for big cooks  (Briskets, Shoulders, Chicken). I do some catering jobs for my neighbors and friends so the FEC is the perfect unit for me. Also having an insulated unit makes life very easy regardless of the weather.
  • #10 by heffneil on 27 May 2019
  • What do you cook on the charbroiler?  That machine looks awesome!  I'd love to see pics of it and stuff that comes off it!

Thanks!

Neil
  • #11 by triplebq on 27 May 2019

• Food on in the FEC. Briskets and Shoulders

Charbroiler CB036

Cook my son and I did a while back. Chops, Corn, Hot Dogs, and Shrimp

Another Cook. Tilapia,  Shrimp, and Brats
  • #12 by heffneil on 27 May 2019
  • Oh man that is pretty! Do you have a bunch of devices to read the meat temp in your FEC120?  I see all the probes but don't know what they are plugged in to!

How is the food off the charbroiler?  Shrimp is good off that?

Neil
  • #13 by triplebq on 27 May 2019
  • For probes I have a bunch of Thermoworks DOTs and a Tappercue. They all work good.

Regarding food off the Charbroiler I love it. The Charbroiler gets HOT so you can do about anything you want on it. I love  cooking with wood so its perfect for me. My family doesn't like shrimp any other way.
  • #14 by heffneil on 27 May 2019
  • I used a heatermeter.  I had to put ot together and someone printed me a case but what I like about it is that it will SMS / Txt me when or if things are over or under temp!
  • #15 by pmillen on 25 May 2020
  • Regarding food off the Charbroiler I love it. The Charbroiler gets HOT so you can do about anything you want on it. I love  cooking with wood so its perfect for me. My family doesn't like shrimp any other way.

I wish that I could take a few lessons from you on Charbroiler cooking.  My PG500 has a zone that is similar, if not exactly like it.  I just can't master it.  We don't get the flavor that we're looking for.  We must be accustomed to more smoke flavor.
Pages:
Actions