Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by triplebq on 25 May 2020
  • Regarding food off the Charbroiler I love it. The Charbroiler gets HOT so you can do about anything you want on it. I love  cooking with wood so its perfect for me. My family doesn't like shrimp any other way.

I wish that I could take a few lessons from you on Charbroiler cooking.  My PG500 has a zone that is similar, if not exactly like it.  I just can't master it.  We don't get the flavor that we're looking for.  We must be accustomed to more smoke flavor.

I'm a huge fan of the PG500, it was my first pellet unit. I totally understand about the smoke flavor. Have you tried doing a reverse sear with running the PG500 around 180 for a bit then finishing it off at high heat?
  • #17 by pmillen on 26 May 2020
  • Have you tried doing a reverse sear with running the PG500 around 180 for a bit then finishing it off at high heat?

That didn't seem to work for us.  I thought that maybe searing after the smoking burned the smoke flavor off of the steaks.  I should probably try searing first and then smoking it until it hits our desired IT.

ZCZ cooks his steaks on his Memphis at 600° (see this post).  I should also try that.  But I always just seem to fall back to the process I know so well.
Pages:
Actions