Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question for guy who compete in BBQ  (Read 316 times)

BC Buck

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
Question for guy who compete in BBQ
« on: May 25, 2019, 10:09:02 AM »

Was looking at Memphis in May 2019 turn in list and was surprised the teams that do it full time where not showing up in all the major categories. Cool Smoke was not in ribs and won Grand and Jacks Old south only showed up under whole hog. Do you think there other cooks did not turn out good enough for turn in.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Re: Question for guy who compete in BBQ
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 01:25:11 PM »

Never having competed in that format, I don't know how it works.  I thought there was a Grand Champion in each of the 3 categories (Whole Hog, Ribs and Shoulder) and then an Over-all GC for the best results of those 3.  I just assumed there was no way to win Over-all with out entering all 3!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 01:54:48 PM »

Many teams do not cook all 3 meats in that competition.  It is not required.  I believe the Grand Champ of the entire competition is the one with the highest scores of the 3 meat categories, but I am not 100% certain of that.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 03:02:25 PM »

Many teams do not cook all 3 meats in that competition.  It is not required.  I believe the Grand Champ of the entire competition is the one with the highest scores of the 3 meat categories, but I am not 100% certain of that.
I looked at their rules, but could not figure out the answer.  This explanation makes the most sense.
Pages: [1]   Go Up