Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 26 May 2019
  • Going to a picnic tomorrow, so I am taking a 2 layer Banana pudding!

• #2 by ofelles on 26 May 2019
  • love banana pudding.  Recipe please and thank you.  :lick:
  • #3 by Bentley on 26 May 2019
  • Recipe kind of hinges on how big a batch you want to make.  For say a 13 x 9, you will need 3 of the vanilla 5.1 oz. pudding packs, 7 1/2 cups of milk (it will say 3, use 2 1/2 for each box).  I like a 2 layer, you will need 7 banana's cut into about 15 slices each (again, you can have the chunks as big as you like).  2 box of wafers.

Layer of wafers, layer of banana, layer of pudding. Repeat. (I guess you could make it as many layers as you want)  Finish with whole or crushed wafers, I ran out, had about 12 left, so I had to go crushed.  Some will put final layer of Cool-Whip, then wafers, not for me.
  • #4 by ofelles on 26 May 2019
  • thank you
  • #5 by Trooper on 26 May 2019
  • I love it "adding the Cool Whip" routine.

Another favorite of mine  is to add smashed/chopped Lorna Doones instead of Vanilla Wafers
  • #6 by Bentley on 26 May 2019
  • I know not of these Lorna Dunes?  Is this a regional [insert] ?
  • #7 by BigDave83 on 26 May 2019
  • Been a long time for banana pudding for me, I think the last time I did it I mixed some banana in with the pudding mix using an electric mixer.

I remember Woman layering sliced bananas and graham crackers, usually when the fruit got to ripe and no one would eat it. Put it in the fridge for a few hours, it was simple it was good and used up fruit that otherwise would have gone to waste. Occasionally would get lucky and she would have cinnamon grahams and use them.

Lorna Doones
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/2-Pack-Nabisco-Lorna-Doone-Shortbread-Cookies-1-oz-10-count/596953428?athcpid=596953428&athpgid=athenaItemPage&athcgid=null&athznid=PWVUB&athieid=v0&athstid=CS020&athguid=77636813-39c-16af6c6c87bf5e&athena=true
  • #8 by Bentley on 26 May 2019
  • Short bread cookie would be more than acceptable!
  • #9 by ylr on 27 May 2019
  • I smash a few bananas, and mix it in the pudding while it's cooking. No cool whip, I use whipped cream..... :lick:
  • #10 by urnmor on 27 May 2019
  • I only wish I lived closer as it is one of my favorites  :clap:
  • #11 by Bentley on 27 May 2019
  • While the pudding is cooking..thats a good one!

...and mix it in the pudding while it's cooking...
  • #12 by Free Mr. Tony on 27 May 2019
  • Banana pudding is one of my favorites. I rarely make it though, and am not sure why. If I let myself, I could easily polish off a box of nilla wafers by myself.
  • #13 by Trooper on 27 May 2019
  • I like that idea of adding smashed bananas to the puddin. Cooked or instant, it'll work either way.
  • #14 by bregent on 28 May 2019
  • My son spent last year in Georgia and frequently had it down there. He was craving some so he made it for my birthday this year.  It was the first time I recall ever having it - but won't be the last!
Pages:
Actions