Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How stable is the Bull with the standard cart?  (Read 670 times)

ArborAgent

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • Hank Hill would be so disappointed in me.
How stable is the Bull with the standard cart?
« on: May 27, 2019, 12:11:59 AM »

Hey Rec Tec owners! I just ordered a Bull and I’m wondering if I should have gotten the comp cart. How stable is the grill on the normal cart? Do any of you wish you had gotten the comp cart?

Rec Tec Bull Blaze Gas Grill Weber Master Touch

grilltreats

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
Re: How stable is the Bull with the standard cart?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 12:22:25 AM »

Hey Rec Tec owners! I just ordered a Bull and I’m wondering if I should have gotten the comp cart. How stable is the grill on the normal cart? Do any of you wish you had gotten the comp cart?

No doubt the comp cart is $300 or $400 more stable, but it really just depends what you are going to be doing with the grill.  If competitions, it is a must for rolling around on different terrains.  If on the deck or patio and just pulling it out a bit, the comp cart is not needed.  I have the standard cart on the deck and do move it around on occasion to inside my screen room to grill in the winter or during storms to stay dry.  If full of pellets and making turns, you do have to be aware of the additional rear weight and use a little common sense, but it's really not a huge issue.  I've never had an issue with tipping mine.  I do think the appearance of the grill looks better with the comp cart, but not $400 better for me with not having a need for it.
Kamado Joe 18" with CyberQ Wi-Fi controller
REC TEC RT-700 with front shelf and sear kit since 6/1/18
Bullseye since 4/6/19

cookingjnj

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Branchburg, New Jersey
Re: How stable is the Bull with the standard cart?
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 08:35:50 PM »

I cant be of much help as I have a 680 not the newer Bull.  However, to echo grilltreats, I have the standard cart and the pit is on my deck.  It gets moved around a bit, but have not had any situation where I thought the pit would tip over.  I know there are folks who have retro-fitted their 680 and 700 pits with upgraded wheel assemblies to create a more stable rig with the standard legs etc. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up