Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RTD question: FireCraft 450  (Read 737 times)

Mikro

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
RTD question: FireCraft 450
« on: May 27, 2019, 11:32:16 AM »

Hi All,

Does any one know if the Firecraft 450 RTD is a 1K, Standard K type RTD? Mine died and I will need to order one that has the 90 degree bend in it. I'm just about done messing with this and ordering me a new Rec Tec or something. I do have a standard straight one, but I'm sure you are not supposed to bend them LOL!! I don't want it sticking out into the chamber and in the way of cooking.
Thanks In advance,
Mike
Firecraft Q450
RecTec 590/Stampede
HomeBrew Upright/Vertical Pellet smoker

bregent

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
Re: RTD question: FireCraft 450
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 01:01:36 PM »

I've never heard of a K type RTD. K type usually refers to a thermocouple.  RTD's can be any number of resistance values/curves so you'd need to find an exact match.   

Mikro

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 01:08:36 PM »

I am aware of that now ( Brain Fog from Old age setting in ). I just tried an Rt1000 it won't work with that. The temp just keeps rising. I will try an RT100. I know the controller is good as the original failed ( switches are junk in them) and I replaced it with one from Rec Tec. I suspect that most of the newer PID type controllers use PT100 types??? Been a while since I made a homebrew Smoker using a PID and RTD. Back then had many choices. I went with RT100 when others used K type or they used PT1000. Will see what happens after the cool down. Thanks for the response.
MK
Firecraft Q450
RecTec 590/Stampede

W6YJ

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 01:20:29 PM »

IIRC, the controllers themselves are made by Roanoke Controls for quite a few pellet grill manufacturers.

Take a look at the Louisiana Grills Digital Control Center or the Blaz'n Grill Pro Series Controller.

If either uses the right angle (versus straight) RTD, you might try one of their RTDs.

Mikro

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 01:26:27 PM »

IIRC, the controllers themselves are made by Roanoke Controls for quite a few pellet grill manufacturers.

Take a look at the Louisiana Grills Digital Control Center or the Blaz'n Grill Pro Series Controller.

If either uses the right angle (versus straight) RTD, you might try one of their RTDs.
Been looking at that. Thanks.
MK
Firecraft Q450
RecTec 590/Stampede

Mikro

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2019, 02:00:51 PM »

Well it is not a RT100 type. it started at 32* before startup LOL. The K type started at 110* before startup. It might be an RT1000
MK
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 07:37:48 PM by Mikro »
Firecraft Q450
RecTec 590/Stampede

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2019, 02:31:06 PM »

DO NOT try to bend. If you can't find a 90º RTD, make a 90º mounting bracket ..

Hope fully someone out there can measure the resistance of their 450 RTD noting the temperature and pass it along to you.

Mikro

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2019, 02:46:09 PM »

DO NOT try to bend. If you can't find a 90º RTD, make a 90º mounting bracket ..

Hope fully someone out there can measure the resistance of their 450 RTD noting the temperature and pass it along to you.
Thanks John,
I ordered an RTD for the Louisiana Grill . It had a 90* the mounting tab is wrong but I can make it work. At least I will get this working and sell it or part it out for my Son in law.

I just bit the bullet and ordered me a Rec Tec Stampede. I'm tired of fighting this d@$% thing.
MK
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 03:44:52 PM by Mikro »
Firecraft Q450
RecTec 590/Stampede

Mikro

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2019, 06:16:42 PM »

So just for grins and giggles I put the Original Board in minus the switches and membrane. I cleaned the RTD With oven cleaner and scotch brite pad. It now works great. Just have to bridge the correct switch location. So I will make a new face plate with new momentary switches and sell this one cheap, since I have a New RecTec the way. :)
Looking at the REcTec Controller now that it is in my hand. The RTD type is an RT1000 according to what is on the Printed circuit board.
MK

« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 07:45:44 PM by Mikro »
Firecraft Q450
RecTec 590/Stampede

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2019, 05:28:33 AM »

The Rec Tec should relieve your pain. If it does act-up there is good service and parts available..Relax and enjoy it.

Mikro

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2019, 09:52:28 AM »

The Rec Tec should relieve your pain. If it does act-up there is good service and parts available..Relax and enjoy it.
:cool: :cool: :cool:
Thanks John,
MK
Firecraft Q450
RecTec 590/Stampede
Pages: [1]   Go Up