Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Blaz'n Grills

Goodbye Blaz'n

(1/3) > >>

ArborAgent:
I'm saying goodbye to my Blaz'n Grand Slam. I still believe they're great grills but I'm just not happy with mine.

1. The paint is wearing really hard, even though my grill is under a covered deck and doesn't get wet.

2. I get all kinds of smoke in my pellet hopper and the next step is to dismantle the auger and try to clean it out. I've already tried cleaning it and letting it run dry (multiple times) with no luck. I just don't have the time to deal with this.

So, I've put my grill on craigslist and I ordered a Rec Tec Bull. I'll miss the pro shelves on the Grand Slam but I think the extra space makes up for it.

Canadian John:

So goes the pellet pit learning curve.. Most of us have learned a lot from our first pit, leading to what we hope will be the ultimate..All the best to you and the Rec Tec!

KeithG:
Interesting, if I was to switch from my RecTec it would be for a Blaz’n.

My RecTec RT-680 has held up well, the outside looks almost like the day it arrived. I’ve updated it with the ceramic igniter and firepot as well as the WiFi controller so it’s close to a Bull.

I’ve had no issues with it other than replacing 1 hot rod. By the time the 2nd one went the ceramic was out and I switched to that. I work with Ben their General Manager and he takes good care of whatever I’ve needed promptly usually same day.

I’ve used it some 12 months a year since I got it and it just works. I should add I don’t grill with it, just use it as a smoker.

I’m sure you will be satisfied with yours and wish you the best with it.

ArborAgent:
The blaz’n wasn’t my first pit. I was really hoping it’d be my last.

While I’m not thrilled the rectec is made in China, I do think it’s going to live up to my expectations.

okie smokie:

--- Quote from: ArborAgent on May 29, 2019, 11:31:37 AM ---The blaz’n wasn’t my first pit. I was really hoping it’d be my last.

While I’m not thrilled the rectec is made in China, I do think it’s going to live up to my expectations.

--- End quote ---
I'll bet you will miss the easy clean out fire pot on the Blaz’n most of all.  My son likes his Stampede and says that the air flow thru the fire pot is good enough to keep it from loading up.  He cleans the firepot about every 4th cook.  My own Blaz'n has held up very well, and no external paint problems since I made the mods (see previous threads).  However, if and when I make a change I will go for the Rec Tec also.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View