Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boneless butt and Brisket cooked side by side  (Read 192 times)

urnmor

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
Boneless butt and Brisket cooked side by side
« on: June 01, 2019, 09:41:14 AM »

This week I cooked the boneless butt and the brisket (the Point) together for my son's teachers. I was told they were excellent. I would agree based on the little taste I had. They both had great bark.
Now as to the cook itself. I used two aluminum pans , one with water as I wanted to ensure the brisket did not dry out (it did not) and also to catch the fat melting ( just easier to clean).
I put the butt on first and started it at 235 for a couple of hours, then I added the brisket and raised the temp to 265. Now this is where I made a miscalculation regarding the butt. My butts are normally cooked low and slow at around 235 so they take a good 14 to 16 hours to cook. I also normally pull and wrap when the internal temp reaches between 192 to 201, but what I failed to take into consideration was the higher cooking temperature. I normally do not leave my cook but I had to pick up our granddaughter and was gone about an hour. I thought it would be OK as it was only on for 8 hours. So when I returned I noticed the butt had reached an internal temp of 203. I immediately pulled, wrapped and place in cooler for about 3 hours. I normally do not leave my cook. Lesson learnt higher heat means quicker cook.
As to the brisket I did spray a few times with water however I did not wrap until I pulled it off the grill and placed it in the cooler to rest

Pages: [1]   Go Up