Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prime Grills non-folding shelf, any modders out there make it fold?  (Read 2496 times)

LowSlowFoShow

• Administrator
  • Starting to taste the Smoke.
  • smoke em if you got em

Thinking about upgrading my DB to the Prime but my main concern is where I store it, a non-folding front shelf will really get in the way. Doug Fisher makes a retrofit kit which includes a bracket and hinges but he wants $100 for it.  I have a Traeger shelf on there now that I think may work.  Any experience out there?

I am also worried the thermal blanket, cover and pizza oven won't fit. If I need to replace all those items it really blows my budget!

Blanket - My DB has the original thin handle and I know the new ones have the thick/wide handle.  The blanket won't work without modification but I am up for a little cutting
Cover - Without modifying the front shelf I doubt it will fit but if I can get it to fold I think it will work
Pizza Oven - The firebox has changed but I saw someone was able to modify the original oven to work on their prime
GMG Daniel Boone
GMG Pizza Oven
Don Godke's Downdraft
Meater Block

Clonesmoker

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.

I did a front folding shelf on my DB. Found marine grade folding brackets on Amazon for around $25.  Nephew got me a piece of Corian that used for it. works pretty slick. I attached the brackets to the legs.

RanrocSmoker

@clonesmoker...NICE mod!
-----
Smoke-n-Hot Grills Eco
Weber Kettle

hughver

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • University of Louisiana

Great looking shelf but be careful with the Corian, from personal experience, it does not like heat or certain chemicals.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

LowSlowFoShow

• Administrator
  • smoke em if you got em

I did a front folding shelf on my DB. Found marine grade folding brackets on Amazon for around $25.  Nephew got me a piece of Corian that used for it. works pretty slick. I attached the brackets to the legs.

I am looking for people with the new PRIME grill.  I have the same DB model as you with a great Traeger folding shelf, not sure if it will work on the new grill.
GMG Daniel Boone
GMG Pizza Oven
Don Godke's Downdraft
Meater Block

LowSlowFoShow

• Administrator
  • smoke em if you got em
Re: Prime Grills non-folding shelf, any modders out there make it fold?
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2020, 12:13:45 PM »

Just to follow up... I modified my Lil Tex shelf to work on my new Prime.  I will post photos in another thread.
GMG Daniel Boone
GMG Pizza Oven
Don Godke's Downdraft
Meater Block
Pages: [1]   Go Up