Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Member Funded Purchase of Griddle Hack Starts on Saturday June 8  (Read 323 times)

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.

I don't think there will be a massive rush to purchase, but I am posting this to give everyone fair notice that we will open the ticket purchase tomorrow, June 8.

THE RULES

1. Anyone wanting to participate must purchase a ticket.  One ticket costs 5 dollars.
2. There will be a total of 45 tickets sold.
3. Tickets will be sold in the following sequence:
    -- 3 days of offering one ticket per person.
    -- Thereafter 3 days of up to two tickets per person.
    -- If needed, 3 tickets per person for three days and then see where we are.
4. Total 9 days with layout above.
5. When a ticket is purchased, the member will be given a number which will be their number for the product drawing. If it
     gets to where two tickets are purchased, a second number will be assigned to the second ticket, etc.
6. The date of the product drawing will be announced a few days in advance.  Bentley and I will run the drawing.  Neither of us
    nor any family member will purchase a ticket.

Once we reach the goal of 45 tickets sold, it's closed.  The Griddle Hack will then be bought and tested with distribution to one subscriber to follow once testing is finished.

If we do not reach 45 tickets sold, all ticket monies (less costs to PayPal) will be refunded.

There will be a separate thread started tomorrow for purchasing tickets.  This thread is for information and answering questions about the process only.

Thank you to Free Mr. Tony for setting up the PayPal and keeping track of tickets.

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
Re: Member Funded Purchase of Griddle Hack Starts on Saturday June 8
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 11:33:35 AM »

So if I want  3 or 4 tickets I need to wait until next week? I would rather buy them at one time and only give PP one .30 surcharge than 3 or 4.

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 12:02:56 PM »

The problem is I don't know how many folks want to buy tickets.  Not everyone may have taken the poll.  There may be a lot of folks who want one or two tickets.  If I let folks buy 2 and 3  or 4 tickets at once, I could have only 10 to 20 people take all the tickets since it is limited to 45. In the past, we have run it this way , gradually increasing the number of tickets one could purchase (the Coppertop Pit and the Uni Pizza) -- so that the most number of folks had a chance to enter.

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 03:11:44 PM »

Bentley thinks I am being too rigid and has proposed a compromise which I think is reasonable.  For Sat and Sunday, there will be a link to purchase one ticket.  After that, I will post links for one ticket, two ticket, and three ticket purchases.  This may make life more complicated for FMT, but he has always been very helpful and accommodating in the past.  Each ticket will get a separate number.  Ex -- you purchase 3 tickets at one time, you get 3 separate entry numbers.

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 04:38:29 PM »

Should work fine. It's not a problem.

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 08:42:29 PM »

Please if you can mark anywhere that you can during the purchase your user name on the forum. It's gets very confusing after awhile when I have no idea who's name goes with what handle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up