Recipe Section > Wild Game

Wild Swine

(1/7) > >>

CaptJerry:
I gave up. Can't get them tender, or even edible, with the exception, of the loin I can make it semi palatable.
Only other way is ground and make an imitation Jimmy Deans sausage.
Shoulders, hams, WAY to dry and stringy. Disgusting.

I'm open for suggestions.....

Coyotes won't eat em. Buzzards barely will. But will continue to killem and stackem.
Nasty critters but their domestic cousins sure are tasty.

If I have offended any PETA members please pm me so I can arrange for you to release the next one I trap

GREG-B:
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

Kristin Meredith:
This is meant in all sincerity -- Andrew Zimmern has often shown wild hog hunts and kills and then they butcher and eat the meat.  I assume that is the same as wild swine.  Is he just lying about the stuff being good to eat or does the wild swine vary from region to region?

mowin:
I'm sure it can vary greatly region to region, as well as gender and age and what they eat will effect taste.

I've never had wild hog, but would like to try it sometime.

Bentley:
I always mess this up.  Lets post again and see if I am right?  Domestic pig (Hog), we all know, end of story.

Wild Swine and Wild Boar I there a difference?  You say...well I just thought a boar was a male hog?  I am told there are 10 species of pig.  So the pig is a domesticated wild boar (male).

So a pig is any domesticated swine under 125lbs, hog is same thing but over 125lbs and boar or wild boar is a wild pig or hog depending on weigh and sex.

So I have been no help on the original question...I have been told by half a dozen folks that if I ever have wild boar I will never want to go back to regular swine.  I now question those people.  And I have to believe diet has a great deal of influence on taste of meat!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View