Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by dk117 on 19 Jul 2019
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #32 by dk117 on 19 Jul 2019
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #33 by dk117 on 19 Jul 2019
  • getting there, and yes I'm watering the greenhouse.  We've been out of town for three weeks so pretty happy the garden survived without us and a little help from friends and family.

DK
  • #34 by Canadian John on 20 Jul 2019

•  Very nice DK - looks tropical, sort of.
  • #35 by Kristin Meredith on 29 Jul 2019
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]

First watermelon of the season, about 18 inches long and feels like 25 lbs! Not really sure if it is ripe since underside is still white, but the curly cue had died, so giving it a try after it gets cold. Bent picked a peck of peppers last night (ok, not a true peck, but a good amount). Tomatoes are still green.
  • #36 by Bentley on 29 Jul 2019
  • They are not my idea of a good bell pepper.  They are small and to elongated, not well suited for stuffing...the way I like to use Bell Peppers.
  • #37 by Bar-B-Lew on 29 Jul 2019
  • They are not my idea of a good bell pepper.  They are small and to elongated, not well suited for stuffing...the way I like to use Bell Peppers.

Great for cutting into long slices for use on top of sausage sandwich
  • #38 by Bentley on 29 Jul 2019
  • Yes, for any type of sliced dish they are great!
  • #39 by Kristin Meredith on 30 Jul 2019
  • Weeks of heat and very little rain means the veg garden and berries need a lot of watering.  Sig loves to ride around with Bent and supervise.  He has a special interest in the watermelons!

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #40 by Bentley on 07 Aug 2019
  • 1st real harvest of the year!

• #41 by Kristin Meredith on 08 Aug 2019
  • Thanks Chefpeppers.  Bent did 95% of the work this year.  Going to try and reconfigure and raise the beds a bit next year to make it easier to maintain.
  • #42 by Bentley on 09 Aug 2019
  • The tomatoes are starting to ripen.  The last of my home cured bacon...gotta learn to grow lettuce and raise wheat!

• #43 by Bentley on 09 Aug 2019
  • This is about 2/3's of what was picked.  Need to get the rest cut up, in jars and get the brine made.  But I also said I would do sausage...but I am tired from watering in the heat for 3 hours...

• #44 by Bentley on 09 Aug 2019
  • One chore done today...going to the Fair tonight for Corn Dogs so I doubt I get to the sausage.  No watering tomorrow, so will get on it right after coffee!

• #45 by Bentley on 15 Aug 2019
  • 12lbs. of various varieties of tomato, 10 minutes with a stick blender, and 7 hours of simmering produce this.  I must say, with only a few seasonings added, it is quite rich and flavorful.  Just slightly thicker then your average tomato sauce.  Cant wait for the next harvest to do more.  Pretty sever reduction in mass.  Will have to show the amount of raw tomatoes, then the liquid then the reduction next time.

Pages:
Actions