Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by BC Buck on 23 Jun 2019
  • Went to my favorite farm supply store for herbicides and some free popcorn. Just as I walked in they had pallets of Lumberjack for $4.99 a twenty. I already had couple hundred pounds at home but for that price I could not pass. I would think that has to be there cost. Long are the days when Traeger was able to get $1.50 a pound.
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 23 Jun 2019
  • I suspect they may be on clearance, but great price anyway and lucky for you.  Buy them all.
  • #3 by BC Buck on 23 Jun 2019
  • I suspect they may be on clearance, but great price anyway and lucky for you.  Buy them all.
    They only allow 10 bags at this price but thats a years supply for average pellet fan.
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 23 Jun 2019
    They only allow 10 bags at this price but thats a years supply for average pellet fan.

About 200 hours of cooking at 250°
  • #5 by BC Buck on 23 Jun 2019

About 200 hours of cooking at 250°
    Is that during your PA Winters. ???
  • #6 by Bar-B-Lew on 23 Jun 2019
  • No, I probably don't cook near 200 hours a year.  My Memphis consumes probably less than a pound an hour at 250°.
  • #7 by Clonesmoker on 24 Jun 2019
  • I just got 3 bags of Competition Blend, a bag of Maple, bag of Hickory and and a bag of Cherry.  I basically took all the guy had left of the competition blend and I had wanted more he had bags of each so I could blend them to make Competition Blend.  $60/for 240 lbs of pellets isn't too bad. 

Market is getting saturated with pellets and competition between dealers is growing. Then you throw in big retail stores selling them at lower prices. Have a neighbor who sells them and he is probably going to quit as he used to sell 3-4 pallets a year and now he is down to 1-2 pallets a year. 
  • #8 by reubenray on 24 Jun 2019
  • Not for me or my neighbors.  We lost the only Lumberjack supplier in our area when he closed his doors.  We all stocked up when he put all his bags on sale for $9 for a 20 bag.  But we are all starting to run low.
  • #9 by triplebq on 24 Jun 2019
  • Not for me or my neighbors.  We lost the only Lumberjack supplier in our area when he closed his doors.  We all stocked up when he put all his bags on sale for $9 for a 20 bag.  But we are all starting to run low.

Get together with your friends and do a group buy on Lumberjack pellets when you run out.
  • #10 by bregent on 24 Jun 2019
  • Went to my favorite farm supply store for herbicides and some free popcorn. Just as I walked in they had pallets of Lumberjack for $4.99 a twenty. I already had couple hundred pounds at home but for that price I could not pass. I would think that has to be there cost. Long are the days when Traeger was able to get $1.50 a pound.

Probably just a sale. I know that Rural King just ended a sale for the same price. These prices are typically only available if you're in the midwest, close to the source. We never see those prices out west.
  • #11 by Polekitty on 01 Jul 2019
  • LJ pellets here in north Texas are going for $12 to $15 for 100% 20lb bags.
  • #12 by reubenray on 01 Jul 2019
  • I ended up buying a 40 pound bag of Smokehouse pellets from Sams Club for $15 to try out.
Pages:
Actions