Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Kristin Meredith on 27 Jun 2019
  • I was reading an article about the top 5 meat thermometers being sold on Amazon.  Anyone have any of these and are they any good? We have the much more expensive Therma-pen,but I sure like these price points:

1. Habor Meat Thermometer, $10.59

2. ThermoPro TP03 Digital Meat Thermometer, $12.99

3. Kizen Read Meat Thermometer, $19.95 

4. GDealer DT6 Di Meat Thermometer, $19.99 (regular price) now $13.99 (30% off)

5. Alpha Grillers Meat Thermometer, $29.97 (regular price) now $17.97 (40% off)
  • #2 by glitchy on 27 Jun 2019
  • IMO, it's hard to beat the ThemoPop for what it costs, especially when there's any kind of sale or open box specials. Everyone else is trying to match ThermoWorks performance anyway. I know it isn't a direct answer to your question, but is far less of a gamble than these less established brands. The newer Pops with the thinner probe and faster read time have curbed all my temptations for a ThermaPen.
  • #3 by Th3Batman86 on 27 Jun 2019
  • I cant speak for any of those. But I have used a few Amazon thermometers before getting my thermapen and I would never recommend one over the thermapen. The thermopop goes on sale for $25 sometimes. I have one of those in my bbq to go bag, and the the thermapen stays at home.
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 27 Jun 2019
  • https://www.thermoworks.com/RT600C

This is a good one too in addition to the ThermoPop.  Sometimes it is on sale for $15-$20 for open box.
  • #5 by BigDave83 on 27 Jun 2019
  • I have 2 of the thermopro TP18 a step above the TP03 listed. It is accurate right with my thermapens, it says 3 seconds but i isn't as fast to stabilize as the thermapens.  They show 20 bucks with a 5% off currently, I think when I bought mine they were on sale.

https://www.amazon.com/ThermoPro-TP18-Digital-Thermometer-Thermocouple/dp/B0793MSG7S/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=ThermoPro+TP03+Digital+Meat+Thermometer&qid=1561650960&s=gateway&sr=8-5
  • #6 by LowSlowJoe on 27 Jun 2019
  • I can't speak to any of those that Amazon sells... But I can tell you that I love the Thermoworks Thermopop... I got one on sale a few years back, for like $25.    I liked it so much, the next time I saw a sale, I bought two more.   I love having 3 of them, (together they were about the same price as a MK4 on sale) because I am somewhat forgetful, and tend to occasionally misplace things.   So far I haven't misplaced all three at once.

My wife, who's not much of a cook, is now regularly using the Thermopop to check to make sure stuff she cooks is actually done...   that in itself , is in my mind proof that they are about as great as you can get from a relatively cheap instant read thermometer.

Waterproof....  I dropped one last winter out in the snow... didn't find it for 2 months, still worked when I found it. 

No complaints at all about the Thermopop, nothing but high praise for them, especially if you can get one on sale.
  • #7 by Bentley on 27 Jun 2019
  • Durability and long life would be my main concern.  I know that the ThermoWorks and my Mavericks have been pretty good over the test of time.
  • #8 by Hank D Thoreau on 28 Jun 2019
  • I have a graveyard of thermometers that I went through before I started buying from Thermoworks. Now I will not buy from anyone else. No more economy thermometers for me.

I have a Thermopen MK4, ThermaQ Two Channel, and a Chef Alarm, along with a collection of probes. I will probably get an IR Thermometer.

The DOT and the ThermoPop are probably good alternatives if you want to save some money.

• #9 by Canadian John on 28 Jun 2019

•  One thing that is important to me is SERVICE.  A company one can communicate with and achieve positive results, back their products and preform repairs, all at an affordable price.  To me that's

Thermoworks..Of course their products are tops. I also enjoy their constant blurbs - advertising related but informative..
  • #10 by Canadian John on 28 Jun 2019

•  One thing that is important to me is SERVICE.  A company one can communicate with and achieve positive results, back their products and preform repairs, all at an affordable price.  To me that's

Thermoworks..Of course their products are tops. I also enjoy their constant blurbs - advertising related but informative..

As a matter of fact, the Thermopen is on sale at this wrighting @ -20%.
  • #11 by dogbreath on 28 Jun 2019
  • I've had (and tossed) so many over the years. Until I got the Thermopen. I have three of them here and there around the kitchen and smoker. Gave one to each of the kids one Christmas. My son-in-law sat his on a hot burner. Melted it, but it still worked!

I did get a Meater block, I'm kind of a sucker for Kickstarter stuff. I've only tried it once but it seems pretty good. Software was real close on predicting the resting temp rise.

Dan
  • #12 by LowSlowJoe on 18 Jul 2019
  • Thermoworks is selling what they describe as "Open Box" Thermopop instant read thermometers for $23.50 + Shipping.

If I didn't already own three of them, I'd order a couple
  • #13 by LowSlowJoe on 18 Jul 2019
  • it's a 'private' sale...  I sent you the link in a private message...

if you belong to their mailing list, you'd have a email about it, with the link.

Pages:
Actions