Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bar-B-Lew on 04 Jul 2019
  • Several months ago, I bought some country style ribs (i.e. sliced pork shoulder) on sale at the grocery store.  I cut them into cubes, put a rub on them, and smoked them.  After pulling them off and cooling them, I vac sealed them for later use.  Well, now the time has come.  We were invited to a July 4th party, and I have decided to finish these as pork burnt ends to take as my dish.  After thawing, I placed one pack in some buffalo wing sauce and another pack in a mixture of BBQ sauces I had open in the fridge.  I let them sit in a container in the fridge for a day and put them in the MAK at 250° this morning.  I am going to check them at about the 2.5 hour mark to see how they are coming along.  I am hoping they are done and I can put them into the warming box on my side chamber in the MAK.

Here they are before they went in the smoker.  I think I got them coated pretty well with the sauce.

More pics to follow once I get them finished.
  • #2 by Canadian John on 04 Jul 2019

•  Looks as if you may have a winner there.
  • #3 by pmillen on 04 Jul 2019
  • An inspiring post.  I'm following it.
  • #4 by yorkdude on 04 Jul 2019
  • Yeah, they will be a hit.
  • #5 by cookingjnj on 04 Jul 2019
  • Can't wait to see the final product BBL.  Looking great.
  • #6 by okie smokie on 04 Jul 2019
  • A good idea for "country style ribs" .  They should be like candy soon.  Save me some.   :bbq: :clap:
  • #7 by Bentley on 04 Jul 2019
  • Ya think?

I think I got them coated pretty well with the sauce.

• #8 by Bar-B-Lew on 04 Jul 2019
  • oops!  didnt get any finished pics but i can tell you i took them to two different parties and there are none left and they went before what the hosts cooked!
  • #9 by Bentley on 04 Jul 2019
  • And there is your answer!
  • #10 by MysticRhythms on 05 Jul 2019
  • Those look fantastic.
    Perfect for a get together, bite size, easy to eat.
  • #11 by smokin soon on 07 Jul 2019
  • This got me inspired to cook up some Filipino style "pork on a Stick".Hack up a small shoulder, marinade overnight,  load up and go. Meat in cold on smoke mode for 1 hour, 225 for an hour, finished at 250. Basted 3 times during cook. Very tasty. Lots of good recipes out there, this one is from seriouseats. It called for one cup Coke, but I prefer 7up or Sprite.
  • #12 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Jul 2019
  • looks great...were they fall apart tender?
  • #13 by smokin soon on 07 Jul 2019
  • I would call it "just right". Not fall apart, but a very easy bite. The Orange & Lemon Juice act as tenderizers of some sort.
  • #14 by Bentley on 07 Jul 2019
  • Ahh, Pork Ceviche!  The Ctric Acid will start to break down the protein in the meat!  Just like it "cooks" the seafood in Ceviche.  They look excellent!
  • #15 by Canadian John on 08 Jul 2019

•  Lew, I wish you wouldn't do that. It makes me want to reach out and grab some. Very nice.
Pages:
Actions