Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Mikro on 05 Jul 2019
  • So my Stampede was delivered on the 4th of last month. Having back problems I waited for my nephew for 10 days before it was unpacked and put together. I have used it maybe 5 times now. I have a Covered Patio and that is where it stays and I cook. I am not near a coast. DFW area. It has not gotten wet. The humidity has been higher than normal here though. I went to cook yesterday and rust is starting on the top of the cover on the stainless steel. It looks like where a spot weld is made and it is on both sides. Same place?

I am not a happy camper at this point. I am 1 day past my 30days otherwise I would ship this back. I am tired of cheap materials.
    I tried to contact them today and no answer.

MK
  • #2 by Spartan Smoker on 05 Jul 2019
  • Give them a chance. 

I am guessing you bought it after reading reviews like many of us did.  And in most of those reviews there was a lot of positive feedback on the service/support and the owners standing by their product.

Give them a chance.  I suspect they will make it right for you. 

• #3 by Kristin Meredith on 06 Jul 2019
  • We don't own a Rec Tec, but from everything I have read about them and their owner, they sure want to make their customers happy and do right by them.  Timing in contacting on a big holiday weekend is probably just bad.  I, also, would urge you to give them a chance.
  • #4 by Mikro on 06 Jul 2019
  • Thank you all,

I have already given them multiple chances on the controller I purchased back in November to fix my Firecraft controller. I have had nothing but a run around from them since it failed in February. I have spoken with them at least three times on this and done everything they have asked up until the last request. It worked great for a while then went wonky. It will not hold temp. Temp continually rises until it errors out. While I see that many are very pleased with there Customer Service, I have not had that experience as of this writing.

I have complied with every request about the failed controller and now they want me to install it in my new grill while on the phone so they can test it.  I am not one to disassemble a new grill to satisfy that it does not work properly. I fail to see that it will work there when it does not work in my other grills and does the exact same thing. With the rebuilt controller switches on the firecraft controller, the original works fine. When installed on my Vertical home built the rebuilt FC controller works fine.

Now,  I have rust in only a matter weeks on a new grill that is in a protected environment.  I'm not happy.

I will contact them Monday, and I will be nice about it. I appreciate your understanding with my frustrations.

Thank you,
    MK
  • #5 by okie smokie on 06 Jul 2019
  • We have now 3 Stampedes in our family.  No c/o rust and for me service has been super good.  I got my Stampede about 10 days ago and all was perfect except the socket for the Meat Probe A. Would not accept the plug. Period.  I called and the service rep said he would send a new control.  He did in 3 days and I installed it in about 15 to 20 Minutes. (7 color coded wire plugs).  They did not request the original control back for confirmation of the flaw, and it is now my spare control (with only one meat probe--which would have been just fine with me anyhow).  When I had trouble with getting the WiFi going, they got on the phone with me and easily resolved the problem.  I am glad you are going to work with them. 
    Can you show us a pic of your problem with the rust?  I am aware of 430 stainless getting surface rust, but not in your environment. If you can clean it off, and then put a good coat of car wax on all exposed stainless exterior surfaces, it will do a lot to reduce discoloration of the SS. Rec Tec actually recommends that you do this. I have not but will do so today.   
  • #6 by BigDave83 on 06 Jul 2019
  • No disrespect but very curious. If you had been having issues with the company on another item, why would you buy something else from them?
  • #7 by Mikro on 06 Jul 2019
  • No disrespect but very curious. If you had been having issues with the company on another item, why would you buy something else from them?
    I had the issue with the controller 2 days maybe 3 days before I bought the new grill. I then spoke with them about the controller after I ordered my new grill, that is when I started having a problem with them. This all happened over a few days time. I decided to just buy a new grill instead of fight with the firecraft. After ordering the new one I started trying to find the issue with the firecraft and the new RECTEC controller which was working up until a few days before my order of the new grill, all based on reviews from here and other sources.
    Not a problem, I will get with them and give them a chance to remedy the problem. I have calmed down and hopefully they will make things right. Again my apologies for my rant. It still does not bode well in my gut. LOL!!
    MK 
  • #8 by Bentley on 06 Jul 2019
  • Guess I missed the rant part...
  • #9 by okie smokie on 31 Jul 2019
  • So what's the news since your last note?
Pages:
Actions