Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by reubenray on 07 Jul 2019
  • After 9 years my Maverick Redi-Chek has started to fall apart.  So I need a replacement and hopefully one that will not break the bank.  I would like this to work with my android devices.  I will also need it to work though the house walls.  I have started to research them and several of them sound great until I find out about the limited bluetooth distance.  I would need a smoker sensor and at least two meat sensors. 
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Jul 2019
  • Look into Thermoworks Signals and you won't have to buy another one the rest of your life.
  • #3 by GREG-B on 07 Jul 2019
  • Look into Thermoworks Signals and you won't have to buy another one the rest of your life.

If only that were true.  Thermoworks albeit probably the best on the market, is electronic/mechanical/manmade.   Bad combination for longevity.  I love my Smoke but.............
  • #4 by reubenray on 07 Jul 2019

Wow, that is expensive.
  • #5 by Canadian John on 07 Jul 2019

If only that were true.  Thermoworks albeit probably the best on the market, is electronic/mechanical/manmade.   Bad combination for longevity.  I love my Smoke but.............
    What's  with the "but"?
  • #6 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Jul 2019

Wow, that is expensive.

I think I did a product review of the Smoke by Thermoworks.  You can check that out.  Is is less expensive but only 2 probes and you need to buy another adapter to make it wifi.
  • #7 by GREG-B on 07 Jul 2019

What's  with the "but"?

Just a way of saying that even though I love my Smoke, it isn't infallible.  If it's manmade it will eventually develop issues and I will probably get another one if that happens.
  • #8 by Canadian John on 08 Jul 2019
  • Look into Thermoworks Signals and you won't have to buy another one the rest of your life. TKX Greg! Old slow brain here.

What's  with the "but"?

Just a way of saying that even though I love my Smoke, it isn't infallible.  If it's manmade it will eventually develop issues and I will probably get another one if that happens.
  • #9 by glitchy on 08 Jul 2019
  • I'm very happy with my Fireboard. On top of handling up to 6 probes and WiFi, it's also capable of being a fan controller. I just put a fan on my Weber Performer this past weekend to be my backup/overflow smoker. Only cooked some reverse sear T bones due to time constraints, but it looks very promising as a pit controller too. They offer several different probes and accessories as well. Not as proven as Thermoworks for quality or longevity, but I've had mine since the Kickstarter delivered. Customer support was amazing the one time I had to use it...I didn't use it for a couple months and missed a like 3 app and firmware updates, they didn't plan for people falling that far behind but helped me get everything up to date.
Pages:
Actions