Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by mrtune on 08 Jul 2019
  • I have had this thermometer for 3 yrs now and has worked perfect. The other day I almost ruined a Pork Butt I was doing for pulled pork until my common sense kicked it. I had noticed on the cook before I had some unusual fluctuations up and down. Cleaned the probe I was using and checked batteries went ahead and got it done but did keep close eye on internal temp with my pen probe. Then this, It seemed to work fine up to 180 degrees internal then after a hour and only changing 1 degree and the pit set at 300,I had never had to crank it up that high to finish a butt before.  I said this is not right I have done many butts before. I pulled it out and it was getting over done. when letting the butt set I placed it in it again and found the temp would go down then shoot back up several degrees and back down. very erratic.  I guess I will try it 1 more time using the other probe and the number 2 side of it. But i am thinking maybe just get a new one and don't take a chance?? Anyone else have anything like this go on??  Maybe try a different brand??
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 08 Jul 2019
  • Buy ThermoWorks instead of ThermPro
  • #3 by mrtune on 08 Jul 2019
  • I am looking at the ThermoWorks Smoke, reading reviews etc. Was wondering if you could buy another meat probe and use it instead of the pit temp probe? and also see someone had problems using it outside a lot and I do several cooks in the winter time here anyone have any problems? As for waterproofing I  always put mine inside of a ziplock bag if there is a chance of rain.
  • #4 by mrtune on 08 Jul 2019
  • I did call the company and they said sure if you want 2 meat probes, just purchase the $18.00 meat probe and it will work fine.
  • #5 by Canadian John on 09 Jul 2019
  • I did call the company and they said sure if you want 2 meat probes, just purchase the $18.00 meat probe and it will work fine.
    The probes come on sale at times..
Pages:
Actions