Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by rfinley on 08 Jul 2019
  • I cook on a 2013 Danial Boone bare bones almost unmodified grill. The only change I made to it was that I added the original down draft mod by Mike Hurd. Soon after I started cooking on the DB I ordered my Tappecue, the original style. I'm writing this because of an experience ( unexpected ) that proved to me the Tappecue was a good choice. My Granddaughter wanted Papa's pulled pork for her graduation party and she always gets what she wants from Papa !!!  Anyway, cook went well and the Tappecue operated flawlessly as usual. Fast forward to late afternoon, clouds build, thunder starts so I rolled the DB into the garage. everything unplugged and battened down the hatches. Big storm dumped lots of rain in a very short period of time. Rained so hard some ran into the garage but the floor drains handled it except the bay that my ( not stuck, sorry, Bently, had to  :)) ) tractor is parked in. The rear tire completely covered the drain and a 1/2" on water covered the floor. No big deal, right ??  Well the DB and Tappecue were right in front of the tractor and the Tappecue had fallen off the shelf on the DB !!!  As anyone who has the original style Tappecue they make no claim to being remotely water resistant and as I picked it up water ran out of it........  thinking it is done for, I remembered the throw the wet cell phone in rice so what the heck worth a try, got nothing to loose. Stripped it down to the bare board and shoved it into a ziplock bag full of rice. 36 hours later took it out, put the pieces back together, and sure enough it came back to life !! 

I know, long winded, maybe just lucky, but Tappeque seems to take a beating and keeps on ticking ( showing my age with that quote !!)

That's my Tappecue story......
  • #2 by Bentley on 08 Jul 2019
  • Thanks for the update!  Mine is still going and it is a 2012!
  • #3 by triplebq on 08 Jul 2019
  • Thanks for the update!  Mine is still going and it is a 2012!

Same here. Just used mine Friday and Saturday.
Pages:
Actions