Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bar-B-Lew on 21 Jul 2019
  • BBQ Sauce - Redneck Lipstick Hot & Spicy

Sauce Profile:
    1. Tomato, Vinegar, Molasses
    2. Spicy
    3. Thin (will run on a plate)

This is a thin tomato paste and vinegar consistency.  Not really hints of anything other than that tomato/vinegar style, but packs a fair punch in heat.  The label states it has ground red pepper, black pepper, and chili pepper.  It is standard fare Kansas City style BBQ sauce that then has a kick later in its flavor profile.  So, probably not for the ordinary person who does not prefer spicy foods.

This could be used on anything that you want a thin layer of sauce on or with - wings, burgers, ribs, pork shoulder, and maybe even brisket.  It is not anything special and probably more of a novelty act sauce due to its name, but the bottle may have potential future use.

• #2 by cookingjnj on 21 Jul 2019
  • Thanks B-B-L.
  • #3 by yorkdude on 21 Jul 2019
  • The few times we eat BBQ out this seems to be the new trend. Funny thing is some people love it but tous, it’s the proverbial “ lipstick on the swine”. Don’t care for it.
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 21 Jul 2019
  • Just tried it on some chicken fingers.  The only flavor I got was heat.  Couldn't taste the same things I did when I sampled it on my finger.
Pages:
Actions