Pages:
Actions
  • #46 by pmillen on 30 Jul 2019
  • Wow!  Suggestions keep coming.  It'll be impossible to find a favorite.  That's a good thing.
  • #47 by Darwin on 30 Jul 2019
  • Citrus zest mixed with oil, herbs, garlic and chili powder is a favorite of mine.  So is tandoor,  Jamaican jerk and Korean "BBQ", all easy and adaptable.
  • #48 by pmillen on 14 Jul 2020
  • Bump!

When you marinade chicken, do you dry it before smoking or do you put it in the smoker wet?
  • #49 by Hank D Thoreau on 14 Jul 2020
  • The best way to spice up boneless, skinless chicken breast is to change to chicken thighs.

The come out great on the smoker and they are much more flavorful. I start with a pretty standard rub and add BBQ sauce at 145, taking them off somewhere around 185 to 195.

No matter what I do, I can't seem to over cook them.
  • #50 by Bar-B-Lew on 14 Jul 2020
  • Bump!

When you marinade chicken, do you dry it before smoking or do you put it in the smoker wet?

When I use a Lawry's marinade, I put them on the smoker wet.
  • #51 by TravlinMan on 14 Jul 2020
  • Our standard is to coat lightly with 'Weber - Kick-n-chicken', place in glass baking dish, pour in bottle or can of beer, cover and place in refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.  Place on grill and cook until your desired temp.  I recover the marinade mix and pour over the breasts at the 'flip'.   I nicknamed this as 'Drunken Chicken'..

............................... :bbq:

These taste great with mashed potatoes, or rice etc. and also work great as leftovers also in 'chicken in a salad', chicken salad, fettuccine alfredo etc..  This grilled chicken really step up these dishes well while not overpowering the main entree..
  • #52 by pmillen on 15 Jul 2020
  • I cut two half-breasts into ½-inch strips.

Marinade Ingredients
    1½ Tablespoon of Italian Fusion Seasoning
    1 Cup of garlic infused extra virgin olive oil
    ¼ Cup of balsamic vinegar

Directions
    1.  Marinate the chicken strips for at least an hour (longer is fine)
    2.  Preheat the grill to 400°
    3.  Grill on Frog Mats until the internal temperature is 160°
    4.  Flip after 8 minutes
    5.  I grilled for 16 minutes and the IT was slightly over 160°

Good, but not "raving" good.  Better than average, tho'.
  • #53 by hughver on 15 Jul 2020
  • My latest encounter with BSCB was yesterday, SPG, sous vide, and grind 5 lbs. in the food processor. Combine with 2.5 lbs. cooked rice and 2.5 lbs. cooked/processed mixed vegetables and frozen in 1 oz. portions. Yes Tina, my 2 1/2 year old Havanese, does eat well.
  • #54 by 4given on 17 Jul 2020
  • I coat mine with mayo, season with whatever sounds good at the time. Pappy's, applewood rub, garlic and hers , etc.  Then I tuck the tapered end of the breast under until it is about the same thickness as the big end.  Cook at 300 - 350 until I get an IT of 165F.  Use a remote thermometer like a Thermoworks Smoke. DON'T OVER COOK!

The breast will come out tender, and so juicy that when you cut into it it will squirt you in the eye! LOL
  • #55 by Bentley on 17 Jul 2020
  • If it can't be fried, always been partial to grilled Teriyaki...
  • #56 by pmillen on 17 Jul 2020
  • I coat mine with mayo, season with whatever sounds good at the time. Pappy's, applewood rub, garlic and hers , etc.  Then I tuck the tapered end of the breast under until it is about the same thickness as the big end.  Cook at 300 - 350 until I get an IT of 165F.  Use a remote thermometer like a Thermoworks Smoke. DON'T OVER COOK!

The breast will come out tender, and so juicy that when you cut into it it will squirt you in the eye! LOL

Yeah.  I forgot about that.  I used to do it once-in-a-while...2018 post.
  • #57 by hughver on 17 Jul 2020
  • I've never used it for glue but it works great for searing.
Pages:
Actions