Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sedative Smoke  (Read 402 times)

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
Sedative Smoke
« on: August 01, 2019, 04:12:27 PM »

Have you ever been put into a relaxed state by simply watching the smoke coming from your pit?  It has a forever changing form that be tranquilizing especially when one has time to sit back and enjoy it..

I hate to admit that my kamados produce the most interesting display of smoke..Whatever pit, the lower the temperature, the more smoke...  Am I alone in enjoying this added benefit of wood/charcoal

cooking?

cookingjnj

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Branchburg, New Jersey
Re: Sedative Smoke
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 07:19:36 PM »

Hey funny you should start this thread CJ.  Just on Tuesday I was sitting on the deck watching the smoke coming from my charcoal chimney then the smoke from the kettle, sipping on my Dark and Stormy.  Was not using the pellet cooker, but still the same thoughts. 

ofelles

• Using less gas.
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 07:28:50 PM »

Love to sit out by the smoker reading, watching smoke, and listening to the birds and insects.  Smelling the smoke that comes my way.  Doesn't get any better!
Yoder YS640
LSG 48" Santa Maria Grill
LSG Insulated Cabinet Smoker

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 07:36:16 PM »

I don't often steadily watch smoke except to judge the quality.

We used to call the campfire Caveman TV.  We don't camp any more but we have a patio table with a propane fire in the middle.  I can sit and watch that a bit at night if it's cool.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Mikro

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 09:13:29 PM »

Funny you bring that up CJ, Today I lost a very dear friend to old age. I had scheduled to see him tomorrow at the nursing home. For many years we hunted together with others, many that have passed as well. We walked many miles over the years hunting quail over bird dogs. In the evenings, we would sit outside by a fire, pass a bottle of Schnapps around, enjoy good company, the fire and laughs. When I am outside with my pit now it reminds me of those times past, It will now remind me even more.
Thank you CJ.
MK
Firecraft Q450
RecTec 590/Stampede
HomeBrew Upright/Vertical Pellet smoker

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2019, 09:34:19 AM »

Sorry to hear that, Mikro.  My hunting partners have been as dear to me as my high school and college team mates.  It's heart wrenching when they pass.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2019, 04:22:58 PM »

Mikro, I am sorry for the loss of your friend.

Mikro

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2019, 04:51:22 PM »

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I found the timing of CJ's post very poetic. :)
MK
Firecraft Q450
RecTec 590/Stampede

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2019, 10:33:24 PM »

I used to in days gone by, specially when I was PT, but not so much anymore!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Mikro

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2019, 01:48:08 AM »

I want to say this evening was special. Urbs daughter came by. This the friend that passed Thursday, she came by to ask if I would be a pall bearer as Urban asked that I be one. We sat outside while I cooked food on the new rectec. (memories) She asked if I would help dispose of his weapons cache. Of course I will, she is relieved. I know it will be a hard task to complete and will take time. Something I do have. He was a salesman for many gun manufactures over the years. He aquired many that are rare and in new condition. We had good conversation about my hunting with her dad. She asked if I would take some of his wall mounts. I cried. As I was there when many were taken. Not that now condone trophy hunting but back in the day some predators were detrimental to livestock and we took care of business. What do you do? I have pictures of many these times. Yes, life is cruel in its own way.  I spoke with her about the smell of the smoke and cooking with her dad. When we were on the lease those many years Urb always cooked for the group every Saturday night. always on an open fire. When everyone was gone and he and I would be there alone of days on end. I would cook as he said he always enjoyed cooking for all but he always enjoyed my cooking. :)   May Gods speed be with you Urb. "Kronan" that was the nickname he gave me in the early 80's, it had to do with me one time wanting an 8 shot magtube on my shotgun, the quail were that thick I could've shot a limit without taking one step. LOL!! Good night Mrs. Calabash where ever you are. :)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 01:54:30 AM by Mikro »
Firecraft Q450
RecTec 590/Stampede
Pages: [1]   Go Up