Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by ZCZ on 04 Aug 2019
  • Construction of a Pompeii pizza oven.  Pretty fascinating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2ggDFNaGQc&feature=share

Z
  • #2 by triplebq on 04 Aug 2019
  • WOW that is on another level
  • #3 by Kristin Meredith on 05 Aug 2019
  • You would have to have some real skills to take that on as a home project!
  • #4 by pmillen on 05 Aug 2019
  • I'm exhausted!
  • #5 by BigDave83 on 05 Aug 2019
  • I like the "My First" in the title of the video.
  • #6 by heffneil on 05 Aug 2019
  • i bought a kit to make a brick oven pizza.  Still in the box :)

Easier to order Dominos :)
  • #7 by ZCZ on 05 Aug 2019
  • i bought a kit to make a brick oven pizza.  Still in the box :)

Easier to order Dominos :)

Or just bake a Papa Murphy or frozen on your pellet grill.
  • #8 by Bentley on 05 Aug 2019
  • Great work, would love to have it off to the side of the patio, but many of you all would have to come over each week and we have pizza night to make it effective money wise for me!
  • #9 by Ralphie on 05 Aug 2019
  • Can any of you home project aficionados take a guess at how much the materials cost for that pizza oven?
  • #10 by Bentley on 05 Aug 2019
  • A quick shot at it!

2 x 6's for framing & plywood $25
    6 bags of stone $24
    Rebar and mesh $40
    Mixer Rental $75
    50 bags of concrete $200
    60 cinder block $130
    200(?) Thermal bricks. No idea cost. $4? $800
    Mortar $25

Can any of you home project aficionados take a guess at how much the materials cost for that pizza oven?
  • #11 by Free Mr. Tony on 05 Aug 2019
  • Can any of you home project aficionados take a guess at how much the materials cost for that pizza oven?

I have been very close to building a pizza oven several times. If it's a total diy you could probably do it for 2000 or less depending on how crazy you wanted to go. Forno bravo gives away those Pompeii plans. Their forum would have tons of people that have built them to refer to.

If you think you want to build one, do some research to make sure you are making one that will be ideal for cooking to the particular style you are looking. Materials, dome height, opening size etc vary greatly depending on what you are hoping to achieve with your oven.
  • #12 by BigDave83 on 05 Aug 2019
  • I had thought about building something years ago. Just fire brick inside and for the dome use something like https://www.webstaurantstore.com/vollrath-79300-heavy-duty-30-qt-stainless-steel-mixing-bowl/92279300.html with the some type of insulation and the refractory cement over it. Thinking a good heavy Wok may work also if you find the right size.

Okay the link in a word thing didn't work the way I thought it would. Or maybe I am just to dumb to figure it out.
  • #13 by pmillen on 06 Aug 2019
  • Why is the concrete floor so thick?  Wouldn't footings for the weight-bearing walls and a reduced-thickness floor work?
  • #14 by GREG-B on 06 Aug 2019
  • Why is the concrete floor so thick?  Wouldn't footings for the weight-bearing walls and a reduced-thickness floor work?

Yeh, rebar and cattle panel with concrete that thick is triple redundant.  Aprons and patios which are much larger don't normally have all that and or that thick.
  • #15 by Bentley on 06 Aug 2019
  • Probably has to be up to code for earthquake...
Pages:
Actions