Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Conumdrum on 13 Aug 2019
  • Yoder, take a look.................. :cool:
  • #17 by okie smokie on 13 Aug 2019
  • Finally took all this paper to find out what the true problem was:  Movement of the pit INSIDE the box during shipment.  Externally the box looked fine.  Now in retrospect, I recall that my unit did show some cutting into the double thick (1/2 inch!) cardboard that was on the bottom of the outside thick cardboard box.  No damage, but I was surprised to find it. I think that the thick cardboard was there just to absorb that kind of damage. I would agree that they should change that--perhaps with some kind of shock absorbing plugs for the leg holes. (All of us RecTec owners know what I am talking about.).  Batman-let me know if that was the problem. 
  • #18 by Bobitis on 13 Aug 2019
  • One would think that $5 worth of preformed Styrofoam would go a long ways in the shipping damage.
  • #19 by sharpstick on 26 Nov 2019
  • I have had over 40 smokers delivered to me (in Canada) from RecTec and not one was damaged. But the bags of pellets... oh my, what a joke that has been. Several bags ripped/torn and pellets everywhere. That s on the shipper though, not RecTec.

Overall, very happy with the product and price point and definitely the service which they are known for.

Pages:
Actions