Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by BigDave83 on 23 Aug 2019
  • Wanting a smaller grinder, something kind of compact. The big Cabelas is great but just a lot of messing around if I am only wanting to do a few pounds.

This one seems small, #8 head and I really like that the head is SS and not aluminum. Reviews seem to be goo,, but only 41 of them.

Thanks for input.

https://www.amazon.com/KITCHENER-Commercial-Electric-Stainless-Grinder/dp/B077BS2SL3/ref=sr_1_53?keywords=meat+grinder&qid=1566561080&s=gateway&sr=8-53
  • #2 by pmillen on 23 Aug 2019
  • I don't know a thing about it (or any other household grinder), but that appears to be a great find.
  • #3 by Bentley on 23 Aug 2019
  • Sorry, no help!  But this type of grinder is what is needed if you are going to run meat through a grinder more then once.
  • #4 by Herb on 24 Aug 2019
  • The clean-up on this small grinder is no different to that required on a large grinder. I had a similar grinder to that shown and while it worked ok I found it to be noisy and prone to heating up and stopping on overload if fed too fast. Having said that, it's way better than the Kitchenaid which I started out on. I bought a Lem #8 and I'm happy now....  :2cents:
  • #5 by BigDave83 on 24 Aug 2019
  • For me it isn't the cleaning so much as it is the digging out and setting up the bigger unit. to do 2 or 10 pound of meat it would take me longer to dig it out set it up than it would to actually rind the meat. i think it has a 22 head on it.

• #6 by hughver on 24 Aug 2019
  • #7 by pmillen on 24 Aug 2019
  • For those that are interested, here’s what those # size numbers mean, it’s keyed to the diameter, in inches, of the grinder plates–

●  #5 ..… 2 1/8"
        ●  #8 ..… 2 1/2"
        ●  #12 .. 2 3/4"
        ●  #22 .. 3 1/4"
        ●  #32 .. 3 7/8"

Generally, the larger the # number, the larger the feeding tube and the more powerful the motor.  Hughver's grinder is 1200 Watts.  That's 1.6 horsepower.
  • #8 by Bentley on 24 Aug 2019
  • Do you have the foot pedal?  Man that would be nice for solo stuffing!

I've had this one for the past 4-5 years and it has never missed a beat.
  • #9 by hughver on 24 Aug 2019
  • No foot pedal but it would be easy to rig one   up.
  • #10 by Bentley on 24 Aug 2019
  • I see in their video they have one for it, just wondered if you had it and your thoughts on it.  I know if I ever buy another grinder, it will have that feature.
  • #11 by BigDave83 on 25 Aug 2019
  • Foot pedal is a great addition. I have one I use for my big grinder and also on the stuffer that I have.

I think I am ordering one today. Maybe see what size plates come with it again and decide if I need any others while I am ordering.
Pages:
Actions