Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 24 Aug 2019
  • It's Back Baby!

The only sport I could ever play (non skilled position of course)....I love this game!

If Florida has a Defense anything like 2007-08, I say they win!  About all I can say about either team!
  • #2 by cookingjnj on 24 Aug 2019
  • Should be an entertaining game tonight.  As far as the season goes, gonna be a long one for me again....ugh.  (Rutgers)
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 25 Aug 2019
  • Didn't realize the season started already.
  • #4 by GatorDave on 26 Aug 2019
  • I'm pretty sure that there were guys on both teams who had bets placed on the other team.  It seems like neither team wanted to win that game.
  • #5 by okie smokie on 26 Aug 2019
  • Anxious to see the Sooners (also known as quarterback U.)startup against Houston. They will start Jalen Hurts (transferred from Alabama, after season), and have a 5 star freshman and redshirt freshman quarterback of almost equal talent. Two Heismans in a row--could it end up 3?  Doubt it but is possible. Lots of quarterback talent elsewhere this year.  Should be interesting.
    I blame Bob Stoops for the poor defense. Hired his out of work brother Mike to coach defense and ran off Brent Venables (The best defensive coach in US IMO)who went to Clemson and beat the Sooners 2 years ago. Proves that nepotism is never a good thing. His new defensive coach is Grinch, and he is one I am told. ???
  • #6 by Bentley on 27 Aug 2019
  • This is for Kristin...Pretty Harsh on the Hogs!

Teams get single wish from SEC Fairy Godmother
  • #7 by ZCZ on 28 Aug 2019
  • Bentley: Dawgs and Gophers go at it Sat. 9/07/19 buddy.
    Should be good!
    Z
  • #8 by Kristin Meredith on 28 Aug 2019
  • This is for Kristin...Pretty Harsh on the Hogs!

Teams get single wish from SEC Fairy Godmother

I don't know, I think Georgia got a harsh one!
  • #9 by okie smokie on 01 Sep 2019
  • I was watching Alabama murder Duke yesterday and noticed Mike Stoops on the Bama sidelines. Googled and found that he had been hired as a defense consultant ?? in Jan, 2019.  A failed coach, a failed assistant coach, left OU in disgrace for his poor recruiting and coaching---now hired to assist at Alabama?  Are they crazy?  ???
  • #10 by Kristin Meredith on 01 Sep 2019
  • Guess it depends on what you do as a consultant.  Maybe can't coach college kids well, but maybe he can spot flaws in defense and communicate that to the coaches who can translate it into something the players can learn from.  The partner I started work with as an associate and worked with for 25 year, all the way through my retirement, was a crummy teacher but a brillant attorney.  If you had the skills to observe and learn that way, you learned a lot.  If you were relying on him to teach you, you pretty quickly failed. So I guess it depends on the scope of his role.
  • #11 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Sep 2019
  • Guess it depends on what you do as a consultant.  Maybe can't coach college kids well, but maybe he can spot flaws in defense and communicate that to the coaches who can translate it into something the players can learn from.  The partner I started work with as an associate and worked with for 25 year, all the way through my retirement, was a crummy teacher but a brillant attorney.  If you had the skills to observe and learn that way, you learned a lot.  If you were relying on him to teach you, you pretty quickly failed. So I guess it depends on the scope of his role.

Brilliant!
  • #12 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Sep 2019
  • Have not watched much college football yet, but did catch the end of the Auburn game.  Impressed with how freshman QB led the team down the field in the 4th Qtr.  Was great to watch.  Hope to see more of that from other teams in close games.  Don't really have a CFA favorite team just like to watch good football.
  • #13 by okie smokie on 02 Sep 2019
  • Looks like Jalen Hurts found a place to excel.  He put on a brilliant well balanced 1st game yesterday.  508 total yards, 3 personal touchdowns, and 3 in the air.  The Sooner defense was very much improved but not consistently, esp 4th qtr. Biggest performance for a newby's first game in OU history.  Better than both Mayfield's or Murray's first performances. After the game he was not satisfied--said they were a little sloppy.  Promised to do better--better than what?. Sooners did not make the bookies margin of 23 points.  So if you had bet on Houston, you would have won.  Hurt's only error was his fumble in the 3rd quarter (or was it 4th). 20/23 passes for over 300yds.  (Houston upset the Sooners in the opener 2 years ago--revenge is sweet.)

BOOMER! _________!
  • #14 by Kristin Meredith on 02 Sep 2019
  • I am also glad to see Jalen find a home where he can excel.  I have always thought he was a real talent.
  • #15 by NorCal Smoker on 03 Sep 2019
  • I was watching Alabama murder Duke yesterday and noticed Mike Stoops on the Bama sidelines. Googled and found that he had been hired as a defense consultant ?? in Jan, 2019.  A failed coach, a failed assistant coach, left OU in disgrace for his poor recruiting and coaching---now hired to assist at Alabama?  Are they crazy?  ???

Saban has helped a couple of other coaches recently as well. It worked out well for Lane Kiffin. Steve Sarkisian is currently OC at Alabama I believe. Both had failed miserable at previous coaching stops.  It is interesting.
Pages:
Actions