Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Sep 2019
  • For some reason, I think this is something semi-local to me.  Anyone else have ring bologna?  I have been buying this one in the link at a local market and love it.  Probably another thing that I need to try to make on my own.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/hippeys-1-25-lb-half-ring-jalapeno-and-cheese-bologna/871DVM417.html
  • #2 by BigDave83 on 07 Sep 2019
  • Love ring bologna,Berks is the main one we see here that is the size you show,Juniata brand is another one but it is small with the ends tied together. There is also a John F Martin brand but I am not fond of it. I usually just go with the garlic, not sure why buy not big on cheese in mine.  We have several places that make a jalapeno and cheese Kolbassi,there was a small shop I would always go  to, he made it without the cheese just jalapenos and he made patties out of it also, they were great on the grill. a lot of the small shops have gone sadly.
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Sep 2019
  • Yeah, Berks is big.  There is another one, but I can't think of it right now.  I only find this brand in the small shop.  Wasn't sure I was going to like the cheese in it, but love it.  I am not a raw cheese just pick up a piece and eat it kinda guy, but love it melted.  Surprised by how good this is and even better in a spicy mustard.
  • #4 by Free Mr. Tony on 07 Sep 2019
  • I see it here and there around me, but definitely not prevalent. Speaking of jalapeno and cheddar, I have some of my favorite polish sausages smoking right now.
  • #5 by Bentley on 07 Sep 2019
  • It looks like a small Oscar Meyer Cotto Salami sans the cheese.  I tried to make it for the Pit Boss Vertical Pellet unit, but I believe it was a fail...Also looks much like Summer Sausage to me...No idea the differences!

• #6 by yorkdude on 08 Sep 2019
  • Love ring bologna, I get boars-head, have never tried your brand. I also buy a different brand pickled that is awesome.
  • #7 by Bentley on 08 Sep 2019
  • That high heat cheese must be nice, but about double the price of regular cheese.
  • #8 by Bar-B-Lew on 08 Sep 2019
  • #9 by Osborn Cox on 08 Sep 2019
  • We have ring bologna for dinner probably once a month, it’s a family favorite.     All of ours come from local butcher shops that make it in house.     Within a 10 mile radius I probably have 5-6 family owned butcher shops that all have their own recipes.      My favorite side dish to accompany it is carmelized onions that I add sauerkraut to at the end of the cooking time.    I rarely do the bologna on the grill, usually in the oven wrapped tight in foil with a little water, makes it easier to peel the casing off.
  • #10 by ZCZ on 09 Sep 2019
  • I remember eating ring bologna when I was a kid growing up.  A guy I knew used to take it in his lunch for work.  His motto was: "A loaf of bread and a ring of red."

Z
Pages:
Actions