Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by 1johnb on 15 Sep 2019
  •  Picked up this little jewel at our local Menard store. My previous gas grill I kept in the Peterbilt was involved in a hit and run  :'( !  I have only used it twice for grilling So far I am very pleased with it. I did add handles to the ends of the lid (it has latches to keep it closed). The only other handle is to open the lid. Not very handy if you are needing to move it often.
     I was a bit concerned about the hopper capacity being inadequate. However after approximately an hour of run time it still is better than half full.
    I will give further updates when I get more time on it, and hopefully some smoke projects.
  • #2 by pmillen on 15 Sep 2019
  • That's so cool—now there's a whole new meaning to the phrase smokin' in the truck stop.  You may attract some attention.
  • #3 by silverbullet on 04 Nov 2019
  • Curious to see what this little guy looks like. Got any pictures??
  • #4 by pmillen on 04 Nov 2019
  • Curious to see what this little guy looks like. Got any pictures??

https://countrysmokers.com/CS150PPG
  • #5 by SJeP on 05 Nov 2019
  • Looks like a great grill for tailgating. I currently use a Weber Q100 propane grill. The low temp and set-it-and-forget-it puts it high on my list of things to add to my Mizzou tailgating kit!

Thanks for posting about it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• #6 by silverbullet on 14 Dec 2019
  • Looks to be a very nice pit! And should give Traeger TPG a run for its money in that category.

My GMG Davy Crockett has served me well for 5 years now & mostly has been my go to pit since I mostly cook for 2. It lives at home here in the winter & goes out to the Camper for the camping season. For bigger cooks I have the LG800E. Love the pit, cooks well, Just its a pellet hog.

If my DC ever decides to break I'm gonna take a hard look at the Pit Boss Tailgator.

Back to the CS 150. My question is, Is it available in the US? Seems to me that the Danson's CS line is a Canadian product for Canada only. Where Danson's LG lineup is for the US. Found that the case when I was shopping for a CS about 3 years ago. Ended up with an LG.
  • #7 by TravlinMan on 15 Dec 2019
  • Looks to be a very nice pit! And should give Traeger TPG a run for its money in that category.

Back to the CS 150. My question is, Is it available in the US? Seems to me that the Danson's CS line is a Canadian product for Canada only. Where Danson's LG lineup is for the US. Found that the case when I was shopping for a CS about 3 years ago. Ended up with an LG.

Yes, it looks to be an updated version of the PTG..  and at a much better price point..  the metal seems to be lighter or thinner.  Doesn’t have the weight of the PTG. I like the raised pellet box, it seems to address the pellet feed issue of the PTG.

Why yes it is available in the US.  Found one last evening at Menards, a big box lumber, on clearance for 169. Add the 11% menards rebate and the price drops to around 150.  :clap:

Am likely here to thin the herd here and part with either the GMG DC or the PTG or both going to a new home.  Just not enough room to store all.. :o
Pages:
Actions