Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ThermoWorks has the Thermapen MK 4 on sale!  (Read 1494 times)

InThePitBBQ

ThermoWorks has the Thermapen MK 4 on sale!
« on: September 14, 2017, 03:28:09 PM »

Just got an email from ThermoWorks, looks like they are doing another private email sale again this time for the Thermapen MK 4! Of course I just bought one at full price but it's definitely worth the coin on sale.

Administration Note: If you are thinking of buying this device and you use his link, Pellet Fan gets a small percentage of the purchase...FYI MK4 by Thermoworks
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 10:07:44 AM by Bentley »

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: ThermoWorks has the Thermapen MK 4 on sale!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 03:33:46 PM »

I posted that in another thread earlier without the link as I wasn't sure if the Merediths wanted that sort of stuff posted here or not.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 03:41:29 PM »

Will use this also as educational post.  I have signed up with Thermoworks affiliate program.  If they approve the site, we would be given a link, and then if folks use that link if they buy an item from Thermoworks, PelletFan will get a small % of each sale.  So I hope if we are accepted, that if folks make posts like this in the future they will use the correct link, and if you "ole tymers" see new folks posting things like this down the road, you will tell them to make sure they get the link right, or at least let us know so we can!  Cuz if all goes well, I would hope to be spending Winters in the South of France do to this!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

InThePitBBQ

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 04:53:41 PM »

Ya know I was going to buy another one at the sale price, maybe even a couple as Christmas presents under the $100.00 mark I can't think of a nicer gift to give someone and this deal is I think just slightly better than previous black Friday sales.

I'll call them tomorrow and tell them I want to use the PelletFan affiliate link to place my order  ;D

Bentley for these email deals they send as a "private purchase" type direct link solicitation how would we roll that into the affiliate purchase link?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 04:55:57 PM by InThePitBBQ »

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 05:09:54 PM »

Will have to see, but I am gonna assume that anytime anything is bought through PelletFan, its unique link will need to be used.  Just waiting to hear back from them, no idea how long the process takes.

CaptJerry

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
  • Hold my beer and watch this
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 09:59:12 PM »

Will use this also as educational post.  I have signed up with Thermoworks affiliate program.  If they approve the site, we would be given a link, and then if folks use that link if they buy an item from Thermoworks, PelletFan will get a small % of each sale.  So I hope if we are accepted, that if folks make posts like this in the future they will use the correct link, and if you "ole tymers" see new folks posting things like this down the road, you will tell them to make sure they get the link right, or at least let us know so we can!  Cuz if all goes well, I would hope to be spending Winters in the South of France do to this!

Personally I'm glad to hear this. I do use the links to products I want from sites that I enjoy rather than from the mfg.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 10:08:19 AM »

Just an FYI, link has been changed in 1st post!

SlimJim

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 12:34:48 PM »

About now Larry would start the bantering on which color was more accurate!

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2017, 12:37:33 PM »

Did he do it?  I know it was a BBQ-Brethren thing...I guess I did not get into the Thermoworks threads that much...The Man had a very Dry sense of humor, one of the many reasons I liked him...

SlimJim

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2017, 02:31:20 PM »

He did. Not sure where. It started. But he make one post on it in reply to someone's comment and off to the races we'd go!

Ralphie

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2018, 08:16:15 AM »

For the MK4, I noticed on their website, Thermoworks says temp readings in 2-3 seconds.  On the device package it says 3-4 seconds.  Doesn't bother me and I certainly won't lose sleep over it.  But I thought that was interesting given that reading speed is one of the primary differentials listed as you move along from one product to the more expensive products.
Rec Tec Stampede RT-590  40 going on 13

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2018, 08:38:58 AM »

I have one of just about every Thermoworks thermometers and to me the best value is still the RT600C when it is on sale between $15-$19 followed by the ThermoPop when it is on sale.  I probably use the RT600C more than any of the handheld devices I have.  I have bought several of them for gifts for friends who grill/BBQ.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180
Pages: [1]   Go Up