Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Canadian John on 01 Mar 2018
  •  Wow! Has an infrared reading end along with the probe so it is a two in one thermometer... $120.. Who will be the first to buy and try??
  • #2 by Kristin Meredith on 01 Mar 2018
  • Maybe you would like to do a member product review sschorr?
  • #3 by Mudflap on 01 Mar 2018
  • How do you use a IR gun for cooking? I have a MK-4 but know they have a new one.

I see people talk about these but don't know how I would use one to cook with. We use them all the time at work to check equipment temps, but food, not sure. I did a search and found this articular though it was interesting.

https://blog.thermoworks.com/2017/02/how-to-use-an-infrared-thermometer/

Interesting part on BBQ and Ovens

Mudflap
  • #4 by Old Smokey on 01 Mar 2018
  • Wow! Has an infrared reading end along with the probe so it is a two in one thermometer... $120.. Who will be the first to buy and try??

I already have a Thermopen MK4 and an IR temp gun so I don't need it. Also according to the Thermoworks website it isn't as waterproof as the MK4 and doesn't have a backlight display.
  • #5 by Lantern on 01 Mar 2018
  • Wow! Has an infrared reading end along with the probe so it is a two in one thermometer... $120.. Who will be the first to buy and try??

I already have a Thermopen MK4 and an IR temp gun so I don't need it. Also according to the Thermoworks website it isn't as waterproof as the MK4 and doesn't have a backlight display.

Yep same here, with my thermoworks laser temp gun and mk4 there's no need for it. The lack of water resistance and light up display are really big negatives in my book.
    • Lantern
Pages:
Actions