Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Pro's first cook  (Read 1378 times)

MikeMcQ

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
New Pro's first cook
« on: September 25, 2019, 01:29:06 PM »

Was rather anti-climatic. A Papa Murphy's chicken bacon artichoke pizza last night lol. So no pics. Laid out a pork loin from the freezer to defrost for Saturday, haven't decided on it's marinade yet...
Pellet Head since mid 90s with US Traegers (Dlx then Lil' Tex both gone) | Memphis Pro 304 Cart (2019) | MAK 2 Star wifi, front shelf and cabinet doors | GMG DB w/Smoke Daddy modded for fan only cold smoking or normal op | TEC Infrared gas for high temp searing | Tappecue

ZCZ

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
Re: New Pro's first cook
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 05:00:53 PM »

They are great pizza ovens.  Also cakes, pies, cookies, bread.
Z
2013 Memphis Pro
24th in Ribs at the 2015 American Royal
Titus 3:3-7

MikeMcQ

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 06:01:39 PM »

They are great pizza ovens.  Also cakes, pies, cookies, bread.
Z
First observations the Pro seems to cook evener, less direct bottom heat, than the MAK. Needed to take the Papa Murphy's pizza off it's cook tray to get the bottom crisp just like a conventional oven. On the MAK needed to leave on the tray or would get much too dark.
Pellet Head since mid 90s with US Traegers (Dlx then Lil' Tex both gone) | Memphis Pro 304 Cart (2019) | MAK 2 Star wifi, front shelf and cabinet doors | GMG DB w/Smoke Daddy modded for fan only cold smoking or normal op | TEC Infrared gas for high temp searing | Tappecue

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 08:09:15 PM »

Mike, I think you've owned two of the top three pellet pits.  You may as well buy a Cookshack Fast Eddy PG500/1000 and complete the trifecta.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

MikeMcQ

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2019, 08:33:14 PM »

Mike, I think you've owned two of the top three pellet pits.  You may as well buy a Cookshack Fast Eddy PG500/1000 and complete the trifecta.
Not sure why I didn't even consider the Fast Eddys before ordering the Pro, maybe next year!  :o

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2019, 09:49:07 PM »

Oh, please don't misunderstand me.  I don't think you went wrong by purchasing the Memphis Pro.  You have experience with two of what I consider the top three pits (I won't argue with any rank order).  It would be so cool if you added time with the PG line.

I can't think of anyone else, except Bentley, that can claim all three.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2019, 10:10:59 PM »

I need that for the trifecta too but can't convince myself that i need it or i would have bought it.  Dont disagree that it is a top unit though.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180
Pages: [1]   Go Up