Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Class action lawsuit  (Read 4333 times)

Darwin

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Phoenix, AZ
Re: Class action lawsuit
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2020, 01:24:28 AM »

Bump!

It's been six months.  Can a PF member tell me how this was resolved?
The second link above has a minor update from February on the right side.  Nothing really new, Trager is is asking for a dismissal.

Another one.
https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/consumer-products/household/traeger-wants-wood-pellets-class-action-dismissed/

I have yet to find where they dispute the charges.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 01:34:25 AM by Darwin »

Darwin

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2020, 08:43:07 PM »

SALEM, Ore. (AP) — A district court judge has dismissed a proposed class action lawsuit against barbecue grill manufacturer Traeger Pellet Grills, deciding the defendants failed to establish the court has jurisdiction.

https://kval.com/amp/news/local/judge-dismisses-lawsuit-against-pellet-grill-company-founded-in-oregon

lil moose

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2020, 08:47:33 AM »

I've used Traeger Gourmet Blend quite a bit, less than $20 at Costco for 33 lbs., and I've been very happy with them.   :2cents:
I'm glad you like those if that's what you wish to use but,  if you would try another REAL wood brand you just might change your mind.

I'm not knocking you for using them just saying try something different just to see and you would save $$$$ per bag

hughver

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • University of Louisiana
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2020, 12:15:46 PM »

FWIW, I've used 6-8 different brands of pellets and to tell the truth, I've been unable to tell much of a difference between any of them. I've tried 100% apple, cherry, pecan, alder, oak and hickory, other than slight differences in price, ash and burn rate, I could not detect any noticeable flavor changes.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2020, 01:45:49 PM »

FWIW, I've used 6-8 different brands of pellets and to tell the truth, I've been unable to tell much of a difference between any of them. I've tried 100% apple, cherry, pecan, alder, oak and hickory, other than slight differences in price, ash and burn rate, I could not detect any noticeable flavor changes.

I've probably tried close to 20 different brands/wood specie combinations, and feel very similar to you.  Outside of price and ash, I have noticed a slightly stronger smoke flavor with 100% hickory and a red hue on the outside of meat from 100% cherry.  Probably foolish of me, but I continue to try new flavor blends from different brands in hopes of being able to notice something different.  Other than that, I buy pellets when they are on closeout somewhere or on sale.  Whenever I finish what is in my garage, I will probably buy a bulk order again from cookinpellets and be set for many more years again.  They seem to produce less ash for me than some of the other pellets.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2020, 08:40:19 PM »

Yep, I agree.  To me smoke tastes like smoke irrespective of the wood that was burned.  Although I think that there's a difference in the degree of smoke flavor that various woods produce.

But, that doesn't mean that I think it's okay for Traeger to flavor mild wood with an ointment that makes it smell like another wood and then deceivingly mislabel their products.  I hope that this suit gets resurrected.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

02ebz06

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2020, 03:22:31 PM »

Never bought Traeger Pellets for this reason, even when they were only pellets available locally (in hardware store).
Always had done a group buy of Lumberjack then.
But now, WallyWorld, Lowes, and some HD stores have pellets at prices near what group buy prices were.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up