Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Migosurf on 07 Oct 2019
  • If you want you name/handle added to the list, post here and I will add and then delete your post.

I just got my Grid Iron used. I tried to insert picture here but do not know how. It was made May 2017 and is in great shape. I am very disappointed in the controller as it runs way hotter than set temp. Example at 180 its actually 225 and at 350 actually 405 degrees. I did reset on controller but still the same.
  • #2 by keithj69 on 07 Oct 2019
  • this will probably get deleted when they clean up for the new users, but check out the sticky about calibrating the controller here in the blaz.n section. It will help get the temps to some what be closer.
  • #3 by pmillen on 07 Oct 2019
  • Welcome, Migosurf.

You may end up doing what a lot of smokers do—put your remote metering thermometer fairly close to the food and adjust the controller so that you have the cooking temperature you want irrespective of the setting.
  • #4 by okie smokie on 07 Oct 2019
  • There is a nice string on the Blaz'n thread on how to adjust the control to the actual temp at center grill level. I think is is easy to do so. Please see my edit of the original (in which there was an obvious (unintentional) error. If any problem, just email Tim Mickey, at Blaz'n and he will assist you. It's a great grill. :clap:
  • #5 by triplebq on 07 Oct 2019
  • I would call Blaz'n as I'm sure they will help you figure out what the issue is.
Pages:
Actions