Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Utah-based Traeger Grills files lawsuits against company's founder, competitor  (Read 624 times)

dk117

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.

thanks for the post.  Didn't this all originate with the patent expiration on the original Traeger? 

I for one would struggle as Joe Traeger with my legacy vs making a buck.  I mean that sincerely.   Patent expires, dozens of copy cats come out and the company falters ... he gets paid one time on the sale and gets to be a highly paid consultant/mostly retire.    Yet it seems he took both.   Both the initial payoff and the (non compete) consultancy, pretty sure you can only have one or the other. 

Might be interesting to watch, but mostly disappointed it's come to this. 
2018 Gator Pit Premier Texas II
2004 Vermont Castings Natural Gas Grill

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog

I sure hope Danson read his noncompete agreement before hiring him and that they have deep pockets.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

MikeMcQ

• Starting to taste the Smoke.

If I was paid $9 MILLION for the intellectual and advertising rights of my business and signed a non-compete agreement, if I was then some years later struggling money wise it would be my own fault.
Pellet Head since mid 90s with US Traegers (Dlx then Lil' Tex both gone) | Memphis Pro 304 Cart (2019) | MAK 2 Star wifi, front shelf and cabinet doors | GMG DB w/Smoke Daddy modded for fan only cold smoking or normal op | TEC Infrared gas for high temp searing | Tappecue

glitchy

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.

If I was paid $9 MILLION for the intellectual and advertising rights of my business and signed a non-compete agreement, if I was then some years later struggling money wise it would be my own fault.

It might be boredom. Has it said somewhere they’re broke? They should have made lots of other money too over the years.
MAK 2* General (2021) | KBQ C-60 | Weber Summit Charcoal w/SnS LP, customized Big Joetisserie, Vortex, and Hunsaker Griddle | Weber Genesis II - S345 | Weber Traveler | Fireboard 2 Drive

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog

Don't know how much debt they had which may have eaten into the $9mm and the tax bill on that.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180
Pages: [1]   Go Up