Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by ZCZ on 13 Oct 2019
  • Last bloom of the season for our Clematis

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Has been close to freezing the last two nights but not quite. Had snow flurries here in suburban Mpls. Friday night and Sat. but nothing measurable.
  • #2 by ZCZ on 13 Oct 2019
  • Had a friend staying with us a couple nights who is a missionary in Guatemala. Wanted to give him a good send-off meal before we meet again. NY Strip from Costco along with asparagus and baked potatoes with all the fixings.

Finishing up on the grill. I add the asparagus with about 5 minutes left.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Ready to eat

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Steaks were done at 600 with flavorizer in place (no direct flame). No grease fire but I had trimmed off some of the fat.

Thanks for watching!
    Z
  • #3 by Brushpopper on 13 Oct 2019
  • Wow does that look good!!  I wish I could take pictures like you do.  I guess starting with great food is step one.
  • #4 by MikeMcQ on 13 Oct 2019
  • Looks good!

What is the asparagus cooking on?
  • #5 by yorkdude on 13 Oct 2019
  • Oh man, that looks great.
  • #6 by Bentley on 13 Oct 2019
  • That is a fine looking meal!
  • #7 by ZCZ on 14 Oct 2019
  • Looks good!

What is the asparagus cooking on?

It is a one-off grilling grate they made at the plant here where they make the Memphis grills.  They decided not go to with it and one of the engineers gave it to me.  I love it!  Great for veggies and things like shrimp.

Al
  • #8 by ZCZ on 14 Oct 2019
  • Wow does that look good!!  I wish I could take pictures like you do.  I guess starting with great food is step one.

I just use my iPhone 8 Plus for pictures.  I post directly from my phone.
    Al
  • #9 by Bar-B-Lew on 14 Oct 2019
  • Beautiful how that grill pan fits onto that top shelf ledge.
  • #10 by ZCZ on 15 Oct 2019
  • Beautiful how that grill pan fits onto that top shelf ledge.

Indeed it is.  Gives you room to work below with whatever you are cooking down there.

Al
Pages:
Actions