Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bar-B-Lew on 05 Nov 2019
  • I just saw an email from Traeger about their new blend, Turkey Pellets.  While I appreciate what that brand has done for the industry and the weekly recipe ideas, I think a particular blend of pellets that someone thinks is going to knock their turkey smoke out of the ballpark seems a bit over the top to me.  Let the marketing machine roll on...
  • #2 by BigDave83 on 05 Nov 2019
  • Could be you miss read it. Maybe they used some of aunt Edna's dried up turkey and put it in the pellets for turkey flavor.
  • #3 by yorkdude on 05 Nov 2019
  • You can bet plenty of people will buy them though, always looking for some kind of edge.
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 05 Nov 2019
  • You can bet plenty of people will buy them though, always looking for some kind of "perceived" edge.

I fixed that for you  ;D
  • #5 by yorkdude on 05 Nov 2019
  • You can bet plenty of people will buy them though, always looking for some kind of "perceived" edge.

I fixed that for you  ;D
    Indeed you did. That was an important omission.
  • #6 by glitchy on 05 Nov 2019
  • Traeger probably patented a turkey oil extract to be mixed into pellets during manufacturing.
  • #7 by Bar-B-Lew on 05 Nov 2019
  • I wonder if Pringles used these pellets to make their Roasted Turkey flavored chips.
  • #8 by smokin soon on 05 Nov 2019
  • Probably about as good as past attempts I fell for years ago like Grape and Garlic. Not!
  • #9 by Canadian John on 06 Nov 2019

•  Turkey Pellets? Droppings?
  • #10 by okie smokie on 06 Nov 2019
  • Could be you miss read it. Maybe they used some of aunt Edna's dried up turkey and put it in the pellets for turkey flavor.
    Maybe they call them "turkey pellets" for other reasons?  Like rabbit pellets? :rotf:
  • #11 by rdsbucks on 08 Nov 2019
  • It may have the classic fowl seasonings: rosemary, basil, and thyme.
  • #12 by hughver on 08 Nov 2019
  • I tried their Gourmet blend and they were as good as any I've used.  :2cents:
  • #13 by Bar-B-Lew on 08 Nov 2019

where is the sage?
  • #14 by rdsbucks on 11 Nov 2019

where is the sage?
    Yes I meant to say that...thank you, Lew!
Pages:
Actions