Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Old Salt on 15 Sep 2017
  • Thanks for the add!

Newbie to the pellet world from Louisiana here.  Just bought myself a retirement gift... a Louisiana Grills LG 1100.  Should be here in a few days and I cannot wait!  Looking forward to all the goodness and insight yall can provide!
  • #2 by Bentley on 15 Sep 2017
  • Welcome!  Big unit, you should enjoy it!  You will be able to do almost a hog on it, certainly a 75lb dressed pig!
  • #3 by GrillinGlen on 15 Sep 2017
  • welcome from Idaho, and congrats on the new pit, I've cooked on one, very nice
  • #4 by Kristin Meredith on 15 Sep 2017
  • Welcome, glad to have you with us.
  • #5 by Old Salt on 15 Sep 2017
  • Thanks!  Dunno if I'll ever try a whole hog...we are pretty particular about our cochon de lait down in these parts lol....
  • #6 by Bentley on 15 Sep 2017
  • Pit roasted pig...You must be Acadiana? I guess the principle is the same, but the execution sure is different!
  • #7 by Old Salt on 15 Sep 2017
  • Actually I'm from Texas, lol... But I grew up in Louisiana. I grew up watching my uncles hang their pigs in a tin structure with an indirect flame. Much beer was consumed and and the juiciest, tastiest, most succulent pulled pork I've ever had came from those long nights.
  • #8 by triplebq on 15 Sep 2017
  • Welcome Old Salt.
  • #9 by Bobitis on 16 Sep 2017
  • Howdy!

Is it true that old salt never goes bad?
  • #10 by Quadman750 on 16 Sep 2017
  • Welcome to the forum
  • #11 by Old Salt on 16 Sep 2017
  • Hahaha.... I don't know! I'm my instance, I'm referring to old salt as an old salty Sailor.
  • #12 by Darwin on 17 Sep 2017
  • Hello and welcome from Arizona.   :clap:
  • #13 by Bobitis on 17 Sep 2017
  • Hahaha.... I don't know! I'm my instance, I'm referring to old salt as an old salty Sailor.

So this is you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pN7nmzuvNc
Pages:
Actions