Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by urnmor on 09 Feb 2024
  •  I just want to pass on that as veterans we are entitled to a free Military lifetime pass to our National Parks and other Federal Recreation facilities.  All that is required is proof that you are a veteran.  The card can be obtained at National Parks and even on line
  • #2 by Bentley on 09 Feb 2024
  • No age restrictions?
  • #3 by urnmor on 09 Feb 2024
  • No age restrictions?

No just need to be a veteran It is very easy to obtain
  • #4 by hughver on 10 Feb 2024
  • I already have a lifetime senior pass. I took a look at the military version online and it seems that there is a $10 handling/processing fee. Otherwise you can obtain a pass at the entrance to the park for free.
  • #5 by urnmor on 10 Feb 2024
  • I already have a lifetime senior pass. I took a look at the military version online and it seems that there is a $10 handling/processing fee. Otherwise you can obtain a pass at the entrance to the park for free.

I believed that is true regarding the processing fee.  Although I have had a senior pass for years I wanted to test the process so I went to Assateque National Seashore yesterday.  I showed the ranger on duty my military retired Id and less than four minutes I was out the door with the new card.  So I would strongly recommend that Veterans note the requirements and get the pass at any of the parks to include COE sites
  • #6 by hughver on 10 Feb 2024
  • I was given a business card size Certificate of Service that I carry in my wallet that should suffice as proof of service.
Pages:
Actions