Pages:
Actions
  • #151 by SurfAndTurf on 22 Aug 2018
  • E-collar. Reinforces whoa, so she doesn't get herself in danger. Especially important when we are hunting unfamiliar territory or a road goes through an area where we are hunting.

SurfAndTurf
  • #152 by SurfAndTurf on 22 Aug 2018
  • Luke, 2, male, French Brittany
  • #153 by Kristin Meredith on 19 Sep 2018
  • Maybe some of you have seen this -- it gave me a chuckle!

How Many Dogs Does It Take to Change a Light bulb ?

Border Collie -Just one. And then I’ll replace any wiring that’s not up to code.

Poodle --I’ll just blow in the Border Collie’s ear and he’ll do it. By the time he finishes rewiring the house, my nails will be dry.

Golden Retriever --The sun is shining, the day is young, we’ve got our whole lives ahead of us, and you’re worrying about a light bulb?

Dachshund --You know I can’t reach that stupid lamp!

Rottweiler --Make me.

Lab -- Oh, me, me, me! Puh-leeeeeeze let me change the light bulb! Can I? Huh, can I? Huh, can I? Huh? Huh? Huh?

German Shepherd -- I’ll change it as soon as I’ve led these people from the dark, checked to make sure I haven’t missed any, and made just one more perimeter patrol to see that no one has tried to take advantage of the situation.

Cocker Spaniel -- Why change it? I just pee on the carpet in the dark.

Doberman -- While it’s dark, I’ll sleep on the couch.

Pointer -- I see it. There it is! There it is! Right there!

Australian Shepherd -- First, let me get all the other light bulbs in a little circle.
  • #154 by pmillen on 26 Nov 2018
  • Our oldest Weimaraner is in hospice care.  Of course it's heartbreaking.

I'm thinking that this will be my next "breed." 

I'll just mount a camera and gun on it and wait in the diner.
  • #155 by hughver on 26 Nov 2018
  • They sure do grow up fast.
  • #156 by yorkdude on 26 Nov 2018
  • Our oldest Weimaraner is in hospice care.  Of course it's heartbreaking.

I'm thinking that this will be my next "breed." 

I'll just mount a camera and gun on it and wait in the diner.
    Yeah but it won't shed and it don't look like it would be any fun to "buddy" up with either.
    Sure sorry to hear about the weimaraner, we are very close to the same thing with our yellow lab.
    You get so danged attached to them, hang in there.
  • #157 by Kristin Meredith on 26 Nov 2018
  • So sorry Paul, I have no words to express my sadness or ease your pain.  But please know I have gone through the same thing with a pet and my thoughts are with you.
  • #158 by Bentley on 26 Nov 2018
  • Sorry to hear, but he has brought you many good memories!  And he was loved and treated great!
  • #159 by Lothar1974 on 30 Nov 2018
  • pmillen, sorry about you Weimaraner.  It's truely a hard thing to go through and wish you all the best.

Went through it with my black lab a bit ago. We waited a while an got our new girl which has helped.

Our Vizsla Zoe

Best regards.

• #160 by pmillen on 30 Nov 2018
  • Vizsla—one of my favorite breeds.

Tantalized.
  • #161 by Mudflap on 07 Jan 2019
  • The 3 grand kids opening their stockings(with help from youngest son)

Mudflap
  • #162 by pmillen on 07 Jan 2019
  • One year Marcia & I wrapped dog treats for our Dachshund, Ilsa.  We opened the store packaging so she could smell them and tear open the Christmas wrap.  She caught on and ripped into both packages to get what she could smell.  PERFECT VIDEO!

Not so smart on our part.  After that she thought that every gift-wrapped parcel had a treat in it.  None were safe under the tree.
  • #163 by pmillen on 07 Jan 2019
  • GSR?  Born to hunt.

High energy dog.  The highest "play" drive of any breed.
  • #164 by pmillen on 07 Jan 2019
  • Woodcock?   :)

I'd have to shoot a 10 gauge with #8 shot out of cylinder bore and I still couldn't hit them.  You need young eyes and young reflexes.

Have fun!
  • #165 by Pat G on 31 Jan 2019
  • Great work you do Kristin and thanks for starting this thread. I also love seeing all the dogs. I’m going to try to post a pic of my 1 1/2 yr old lab, Kalen. Hopefully it turns out upright:). I’ll start running AKC Senior Hunt Tests this season. He’s coming along nicely.
Pages:
Actions