Pages:
Actions
  • #181 by yorkdude on 17 Feb 2019
  • He lives for it.  I wish I had a job I loved like he loves his.

Ain't that the truth! 

That's a photo worthy of framing.

I worked with people who scolded me for training bird dogs and making them hunt.  They didn't like shooting sports and never saw a gun dog work.  I would tell them that every one of my dogs, going back to my youth, hunting with my father, would rather hunt than eat.

Bob is my most dependable hunting buddy.  He has earned a few framed photos.
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
    Man that’s just neat, fantastic looking dog and it’s awfully easy to see that it is something he loves.
  • #182 by DE on 19 Feb 2019
  • Just got back from visiting the Grandog's in Black Forest Colorado.
    They are three Gentle Giants, (New Foundlanders) which my Daughter and Husband resqued.
    The little fellow is our Yorky who traveled with us and took over King Haveys Bed.

Harvey is the Black and white, Zola is the smaller Black one and Issy is the larger black one.
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #183 by yorkdude on 19 Feb 2019
  • Just got back from visiting the Grandog's in Black Forest Colorado.
    They are three Gentle Giants, (New Foundlanders) which my Daughter and Husband resqued.
    The little fellow is our Yorky who traveled with us and took over King Haveys Bed.

Harvey is the Black and white, Zola is the smaller Black one and Issy is the larger black one.
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
    Our neighbor a few doors down has one, super neat dogs.
  • #184 by pmillen on 19 Feb 2019
  • My grandfather rowed a skiff on the Baltic Sea with a big black dog in the back.  The dog would jump in the water and pull a net.  Grandpa would row in a circle, the dog would climb in the boat and grandpa would pull in the net.  He once showed me a magazine photograph of a Newfie and said that was the kind of dog he used, but the Newfoundland Hound name wasn't familiar to him.

I later learned of the Newfie's way of instinctively rescuing swimmers by turning their backs, offering their tails as a handle and swimming to shore.  HOW NEAT IS THAT!
  • #185 by Bentley on 19 Feb 2019
  • Maybe a Caucasian Shepard?  I can't afford a dog that can almost eat as much as me, but man these are big, beautiful looking animals!

Ovcharka
  • #186 by yorkdude on 19 Feb 2019
  • Maybe a Caucasian Shepard?  I can't afford a dog that can almost eat as much as me, but man these are big, beautiful looking animals!

Ovcharka
    That truly is one of the neatest dogs I have ever seen. Where the heck did you ever see one of those? 
  • #187 by Bentley on 19 Feb 2019
  • Kristin talked about a dog that little was known about it in the West.  Used to guard the ICBM sites in U.S.S.R. and was supposedly known for it size and aggression.  Never found that dog, but I did come across this and a few other Central Asian dogs!
  • #188 by yorkdude on 19 Feb 2019
  • A very good friend of mine hunts big exotic game (not anything I like) but he has been on several continents doing it. Anyway his friend has Dogo  Argentina dogs. They are the scariest dog I have ever come face to face with and the 2 of them use them to pig hunt. They both are the nicest guys you could ever meet. Again not my thing but Like Pmillen said  they just almost beg you to help eradicate the wild hogs.
  • #189 by yorkdude on 19 Feb 2019
  • A very good friend of mine hunts big exotic game (not anything I like) but he has been on several continents doing it. Anyway his friend has dogs Argentina dogs. They are the scariest dog I have ever come face to face with and the 2 of them use them to pig hunt.

Dogo Argentina??  Supposedly one of the most aggressive dogs there are. Outlawed in the USA I believe

Memphis Elite
    Yoder YS640 - sold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    If they are outlawed then he is breaking the law and I don’t know either way but he doesn’t necessarily hide them, I have seen them numerous times riding in the bed of his truck and one time he had 2 of them at a car show? Just walking around.
  • #190 by Bentley on 19 Feb 2019
  • In the US they have been banned in Aurora Colorado and New York City.

Dogo Argentina??  Supposedly one of the most aggressive dogs there are. Outlawed in the USA I believe

Another beautiful animal, supposedly one of the 10 deadliest dogs in the world.  Maybe I am just naive, (and outside of some specific military or police needs) but seems to me a dog being deadly comes down to its owner being a Wanker!

• #191 by yorkdude on 20 Feb 2019
  • Yep, that’s them. His are massive, I bet his males easily weigh more than a buck fifty. They are huge and really good looking dogs, you can also tell they are very aware of their surroundings, very alert looking all the time. They interact with his family like your or my family dogs. He does say that he has zero worries about a burglary except for the people if they did try. He lives pretty rural in a smaller Kansas town. I do know that they won’t deliver mail and no package delivery either, gets both at his office.
    Bent, Thanks for fixing my quote, not sure what I did.
  • #192 by Bentley on 27 Feb 2019
  • If this is homemade, Obviously there are some really smart dog owners out there!  I wonder how log it takes for Jerry to get tired of it?

Jerry's Toy!
  • #193 by Pat G on 07 Mar 2019
  • All great looking dogs, not on here much but, sure like coming back to this post and seeing all the new posts!
  • #194 by SmokinHandyman on 07 Mar 2019
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]

This is Tubby. He would have been 19 in a week.
    We had him since a baby.
  • #195 by hughver on 07 Mar 2019
  • Sorry for your loss, pets are like family.   :(
Pages:
Actions