Pages:
Actions
  • #196 by Bentley on 08 Mar 2019
  • Did she pass?  If not her, one did and I am sorry.  But getting to know you on this site, what a wonderful life it must be to be one of your dogs!

Maddie on the deck scanning the yard for interlopers.  I checked that right eye and it was fine.  I don't know why it's squinted like it is.
  • #197 by pmillen on 08 Mar 2019
  • No, that's Maddie. 

Willa, my previous avatar, passed.

Whenever we returned home we'd find her walking around the house with some item of Marcia's clothing that she's taken from the laundry basket.  It was a shoe when she couldn't get to the laundry basket.

She died of the canine equivalent of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Lou Gehrig disease, slowly from her hind quarters forward.  For the past several months she couldn't climb the stairs to her bed.  So I inflated an air mattress and slept on the family room floor to keep her company.
  • #198 by yorkdude on 08 Mar 2019
  • No, that's Maddie. 

Willa, my previous avatar, passed.

Whenever we returned home we'd find her walking around the house with some item of Marcia's clothing that she's taken from the laundry basket.  It was a shoe when she couldn't get to the laundry basket.

She died of the canine equivalent of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Lou Gehrig disease, slowly from her hind quarters forward.  For the past several months she couldn't climb the stairs to her bed.  So I inflated an air mattress and slept on the family room floor to keep her company.
    Bentley was right, what a great pal you were to her.
    Sorry to hear
  • #199 by pmillen on 08 Mar 2019
  • We had her cremated, like our other dogs.  Our veterinarian, called and talked to Marcia, “Willa’s ready to be picked up.  I know she’d like to be home.”

So we started crying again.
  • #200 by Bar-B-Lew on 08 Mar 2019
  • I think Nala is 7 now.  I never wanted a dog.  My wife brought her home one day without my approval or notice.  She is a pure bred maltese (I wasn't happy about what that cost either).  Needless to say, I am not looking forward to the day that she passes away as she has become our child.  I feel for all of you who have lost your pet recently (or ever for that matter).  Never thought I would feel that way.

Over the last year, she has had some medical issues that we have spent $ to figure out (more than I would have said I would have ever wanted to spend).  I think we finally have it figured out.  Seems like she has had a thyroid issue.  Since she has been on medicine the last few months, she has lost 3-4 pounds.  May not seem like a lot.  Since she has lost the weight, she has been zipping around the house as joyful and playful as she used to 3-5 years ago.  I am glad that I think we have finally found the issue with her health that seems to made her happier and more active.

BTW, she rules this house.  Tells us when she is hungry (we usually feed her around 5pm but she tells us it is dinner time if we lose track of time), when her portable doggy door is not in she tells us when she needs to go outside to potty, she also comes to visit me in the basement between 9pm-10pm when she thinks she needs a snack before bed.  It is all like clockwork.  Amazing minds and bodies they have.

Anyway, that is partially my story.  Thanks to all for sharing theirs here.

• #201 by Bentley on 08 Mar 2019
  • The thing I do not like about rasing the Guiding Eyes dogs...cant get on the couch, cant sleep with you, all the stuff dogs are supposed to do!

I have always had big dogs, I want a little one like this and will call him Brutus!

• #202 by pmillen on 08 Mar 2019
  • Those last two fuzzy little dogs are cute.  There are two neighbor girls across the street.  One has a fuzzy little dog that they dress up and push around in a baby carriage.
  • #203 by pmillen on 09 Mar 2019
  • This is Tubby. He would have been 19 in a week.
    We had him since a baby.

So sorry to hear of this.  They are valued family members.  They teach us more than we expected and love us more than we hoped.  That's why we miss them more than we imagined.
  • #204 by Canadian John on 09 Mar 2019
  • We had her cremated, like our other dogs.  Our veterinarian, called and talked to Marcia, “Willa’s ready to be picked up.  I know she’d like to be home.”

So we started crying again.
    Condolences..It is such a hard time in one's life when a pet leaves us..The rainbow bridge has got to be a wonderful place.
  • #205 by Lothar1974 on 12 Mar 2019
  • The Laprador, I mean Vizsla - Zoe

Sleepy time with her toy

So spoiled

• #206 by yorkdude on 19 Apr 2019
  • 4 months old today. By far the most driven pup we have ever had.
    I apologize again, for the life of me I can not rotate the picture. Unless we take it with the I pad it is wrong. We can’t modify them, sheesh.
    Thanks Bentley for rotating it, dang it I have tried everything ? Just above my pay grade I presume.

• #207 by Kristin Meredith on 19 Apr 2019
  • Getting big!!! And very good looking.
  • #208 by yorkdude on 19 Apr 2019
  • Getting big!!! And very good looking.
    Yeah she is growing fast, she is next to her older sister, an 80# lab hound mix we rescued. She is about 6" shorter than her and gaining fast.
    We have her in obedience classes and plan to continue with advanced and then agility type classes, she definitely wants and NEEDS a job, she is very driven. 
  • #209 by okie smokie on 19 Apr 2019
    I apologize again, for the life of me I can not rotate the picture. Unless we take it with the I pad it is wrong. We can’t modify them, sheesh.
    How about this?
  • #210 by yorkdude on 19 Apr 2019
    How about this?

Awesome, I don't know what we do wrong, if we take the pic with the I-pad it is fine, if we take it with anything else this happens and we can't rotate it?
    Do I-pads not let you do that?
    In any case, Thanks for the help-it is much appreciated.
Pages:
Actions