Pages:
Actions
  • #211 by yorkdude on 19 Apr 2019
  • Awesome job with training, we are working on it.
    That is a gorgeous GSP, those are high energy dogs also if memory serves, an old girlfriends dad had one.
  • #212 by pmillen on 19 Apr 2019
  • Nice work on the training, getsum2.

Yes, GSRs are high energy dogs.  They need a job or they'll invent one that the owner may not like.  When outside they hunt constantly.  They also have the highest play drive of any breed.

Watching them hunt upland game is a beautiful sight.  It's as perfect as a crossing pattern touchdown.
  • #213 by yorkdude on 19 Apr 2019
  • Nice work on the training, getsum2.

Yes, GSRs are high energy dogs.  They need a job or they'll invent one that the owner may not like.  When outside they hunt constantly.  They also have the highest play drive of any breed.

Watching them hunt upland game is a beautiful sight.  It's as perfect as a crossing pattern touchdown.
    I thought that was the case with the energy level, he was a big bird hunter but only around the one, are they known as GSP (pointers) or GSR (retriever-I presume)?
    He always called his a pointer?
  • #214 by pmillen on 19 Apr 2019
  • You're right.  GSP is the more common and probably correct use.  I think of them as GSRs and can't mentally make the switch.
  • #215 by okie smokie on 22 Apr 2019
  • This is Shadow (as he follows me everywhere).
    "Hey, turn off the lights! We're trying to sleep around here."
  • #216 by yorkdude on 22 Apr 2019
  • This is Shadow (as he follows me everywhere).
    "Hey, turn off the lights! We're trying to sleep around here."

It would appear that is what it is thinking!
  • #217 by Bentley on 01 May 2019
  • I get the impression that most of the Members are great animal lovers, and I would venture to guess that the majority of you have seen this video, but I ran across it for the 2nd time on youtube, and enjoyed it more the 2nd time then the 1st!  Hopefully you will indulge me even though they are not my pets!

Dad sure seemed to know when the runts weren't there, and that somewhat surprised me!

Labrador Father Teaches Puppies To Swim
  • #218 by yorkdude on 02 May 2019
  • That is a neat video, we have not seen it. Thanks for the share.
  • #219 by yorkdude on 02 May 2019
  • The morning stare down.
  • #220 by pmillen on 02 May 2019
  • Ha!
  • #221 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 May 2019
  • That pic of the staredown was funny and reminds me of a story.

I was at my mother-in-law's house a few weeks ago.  She inherited the yellow lab from her son who passed away at the end of 2018 unexpectedly.  Prior to that she decided she needed a cat to roam her yard to keep the mice and rats from the fields in the area out of her house.  My wife sent me a picture of the cat sleeping in the garage on the big bed for the dog and the big dog sleeping on the much smaller cat bed.  Well, apparently, they take turns on who gets the big bed now.
  • #222 by Bentley on 22 Jun 2019
  • Sure are a lot of cute dogs out there!

Bull Terrier Pups
  • #223 by Smokeitup on 23 Jun 2019
  • Meet Buddy Mercury, a beagle mix that sings and plays the piano.  Not my pet but for a dog he's a cool cat.  He has lots of vids on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5_y57HXblM
  • #224 by Bentley on 01 Jul 2019
  • This one almost broke the Cuteness meter!

Auh, Kittie & Puppie
  • #225 by pmillen on 20 Jul 2019
  • This isn't my pet.  But it's interesting, so I decided to pass it along.
Pages:
Actions