Pages:
Actions
  • #286 by yorkdude on 03 Jul 2020
  • Thought I would share a story. We have taken Britta to doggie daycare quite often since she was about 3 months old. A lot of the time 5 days a week. It really helped her to burn off excess energy as she is very intelligent and very high drive. We have lately taken her less and less. One day, maybe 2 a week. I got a call from the manager and she asked me if they had done something wrong that caused us to use them less. I told her absolutely not, the team is truly fantastic. She then told me about Henry one of the team, They are referred to as “pack leaders”. Henry has Down’s syndrome and absolutely LOVES Britta, just as she LOVES him. They are together all day. She went on to tell me that Henry really misses her when she is not there. Here is proof, thought I would share. I know her body language very well and I can tell in an instant if she likes you or not. She is not at all aggressive but she is VERY selective about her human friends. If she is not comfortable with you she just avoids you. Her face tells me all I need to know about Henry. I know that probably sounds goofy but it is true. She is just like this with our Granddaughter also.
  • #287 by Kristin Meredith on 03 Jul 2020
  • Sweet, sweet photo.
  • #288 by Bar-B-Lew on 03 Jul 2020
  • Maci received her first hair cut this week at about 4 months old and last night went to her second puppy training class.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #289 by pmillen on 03 Jul 2020

• I know her body language very well and I can tell in an instant if she likes you or not.

Her face tells me all I need to know about Henry. I know that probably sounds goofy but it is true.

Those of us who know our dogs well know exactly what you mean.  Dogs communicate with body language and they can "read" you in an instant.  You can't fool them.  Some people believe that dogs can smell fear.  They don't.  They recognize fear.
  • #290 by yorkdude on 03 Jul 2020

• I know her body language very well and I can tell in an instant if she likes you or not.

Her face tells me all I need to know about Henry. I know that probably sounds goofy but it is true.

Those of us who know our dogs well know exactly what you mean.  Dogs communicate with body language and they can "read" you in an instant.  You can't fool them.  Some people believe that dogs can smell fear.  They don't.  They recognize fear.
    Spot on, you said perfectly what I mean.

• #291 by yorkdude on 23 Jul 2020
  • I think we have decided on the newest addition. We go to meet the pups this weekend but so far.....
  • #292 by pmillen on 23 Jul 2020
  • That's a beautiful pup!
  • #293 by glitchy on 24 Jul 2020
  • We adopted this sweetie a couple months ago. She was in a home with dogs and wasn’t liking the company, so we happily took her in. She talks a lot and wags her tail non stop like a dog, if it’s not moving you know she’s out cold. Her name is Smudge because of her black nose.
  • #294 by Bentley on 24 Jul 2020
  • Beautiful Kitty!
  • #295 by yorkdude on 24 Jul 2020
  • Smudge is a good looking kitty and named appropriate. We have had a few over the years and I even tried to not like them, it didn’t work. We had one colored similar and our vet said it was tuxedo coated.
  • #296 by glitchy on 24 Jul 2020
  • Thanks guys, she’s been a blessing for my kids through this pandemic for sure. The lady that had her before said she wasn’t very playful, so I know she was a stressed out mess. All she does is sleep, eat and play like a maniac.

We had adopted 2 cats a couple months before from a shelter and actually had to surrender them back because of horrible behavior problems. The shelter even said there’s not much we would be able to do to fix them, they would need behavior therapy and scenery changes through at least a couple foster homes to even have a chance to change. The same day, Smudge shows up in my wife’s Facebook feed looking for a home. I was ready to be done, but I’m glad the girls persisted. She’s about as sweet as she looks.
  • #297 by pmillen on 24 Jul 2020
  • Smudge has a pretty face.  She's aptly named.
  • #298 by acguy on 25 Jul 2020
  • These are pups, Clover on the left and Freddie on the right.
     We have had Clover for 2 years now, we got her at 10 weeks old. We got her as an emotional support dog for my wife who is suffering from PTSD. She is a transit operator and had a pedestrian attempt suicide by jumping in front of her bus. Clover is doing a great job offering support especially at night. She will wake up my wife when she is having nightmares and cuddles with her to help my wife settle.

We got Freddie last year. We believe he is about 3. He is a rescue from a shelter that used the vet where my daughter worked. He was in rough shape, very skittish and his coat was a tangled mess. After a month we had his coat unmatted and he was on the way to be a happy boy.

• #299 by Bentley on 25 Jul 2020
  • Those are some cute dogs!
  • #300 by Bar-B-Lew on 25 Jul 2020
  • what breed of dogs?
Pages:
Actions