Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Kristin Meredith on 16 Sep 2017
  • Queball, I almost choked on my coffee I was laughing so hard!!  Sorry, but the story and picture you ended up with was worth 5 times what you paid for the bird!!
  • #17 by mowin on 16 Sep 2017
  • My "Waterloo" came the first year I had my cooker. It was Thanksgiving and I invited the family over for dinner. My elder sister always hosted the Holiday, but now, because of the novelty of the pellet cooker, I finally had a chance to get in the game. Of course, turkey was the star of the show. I remember discussions on PH and the recommendation was that for pellet units a 12lber was the perfect size. I got a fresh one from my butcher. Oh! This was going to be good! ... And, it also would most certainly validate my actions, after hearing "You're gonna spend how much .... on a what?" when deciding to order my cooker. .... With the turkey I'd be preparing a lot of standard complimentary dishes. In my mind this was going to be a real Norman Rockwell kind of event, with the whole family gathered. Add some candlelight and conversation ..... There at the head of the table, on a large serving platter, the smokey bird would sit, and we'd slice and serve it at the table.

Well, the cook was going perfectly and it was time to pull the bird. It looked great! considering it was my first attempt at cooking a turkey. I took it out of the cooker and set it on the front shelf.  In the process of closing the cooker door, I knocked it off of the shelf and it fell to it's demise onto my nasty, salt treated wooden deck. That wonderful crispy skin shattered, the legs torn and the inner meat exposed.. ..... It looked like it had been in a bad car crash! ...... No holiday Norman Rockwell "money shot" this time. .... and yes the 5 second rule did apply here. ..... Put it back on the plate, cleaned it up and sliced it. I have never cooked another turkey!
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
    All the king's horses, All the king's men
    .... Couldn't put "Little Tom" back together again.

And.    We have a winner.... :rotf: :2cents: :2cents:
  • #18 by Bobitis on 16 Sep 2017
  •  :rotf:

Looks like the Griswold's bird from Christmas  Vacation.  :pig:
Pages:
Actions