Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by BigDave83 on 17 Nov 2019
  • This is the other 5 pound from last batch. Had i cut and sealed up in the fridge for a few days.

Found a bottle of Cabelas Chipoltle Wildfire marinade in my cupboard. I tasted it and decided to add Emeril it up bit and added the following:
    1/4 cup Rooster sauce
    2 T Granulated garlic
    2 t  Chipoltle powder
    1 t Cure 1
    about 1/4 C water to rinse the bottle out.

Mixed it well and sealed up then bagged again, as my seal didn't look so pretty. 3 days in the fridge kneading once or twice a day, laid out on 2 racks and into the cabelas 80L dehydrator at 160 for 6.5 hours.

Been a while since I have used a wet marinade, one I saw Yorkdudes dry seasoning jerky I like it as I like larger pieces to work with, and in a wet marinade they et folded over an not seasoned as well to me. This is why I cut these strips narrower.

It came out well, I will Emeril it up more next time, I will be buying more of the Cabelas Jerky sauce. Maybe double everything I added except the water. I may try to make up my own also. I liked that this was not over powered by soy sauce.

I need to get my vertical sealed up better so i can use it under my hood in the garage as the weather is not great here for outside work and i really have no place to set it up outside to leave it. The smoke does add a nice addition to it all.
  • #2 by yorkdude on 17 Nov 2019
  • Yeah buddy, that looks great. I also vac seal it once cool. It seems to make it somehow taste better.
  • #3 by Canadian John on 17 Nov 2019

•  Great pics. Just wish I could taste it.
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 17 Nov 2019
  • I tried that marinade once and liked it.
  • #5 by BigDave83 on 17 Nov 2019
  • I edited the post as i forgot that I also added 1 teaspoon of cure 1.

• #6 by mo-kid on 18 Nov 2019
  • looks fantastic !!!! love making bottom round jerky....
Pages:
Actions