Here's How I.... > Cook Pork

Bacon Jerky Experiment.

(1/2) > >>

BigDave83:
So, after the ham jerky failure in the spring and trying to figure out where it went wrong other than in to long. I decide that 160 was to high temp in the dehydrator as it rendered a lot of the fat.

Was at a local butcher shop and found a nice fairly lean pack of  house made bacon and decided to give Bacon Jerky a shot. Laid out the strips and a bit of black pepper on top. Decided there isn't that much, and the little air fry oven is easier to clean then the dehydrator.

It is in currently at 125° for 3.5 hours will check it part way through and possibly adjust time/temp.

Will update with outcome and finished pics when it is done.

I tried a piece while it was warm, not to bad. About 7 hours at 125°, took out and blotted with paper towels on both sides. Will try it tomorrow after it sits over night. I think when I try the ham again it will turn out better.

Canadian John:

Looks good so far.  Waiting.

Bar-B-Lew:
Curious to see how this turns out as I have looked at an oven  like that before but didn't pull the trigger on purchasing one

BigDave83:

--- Quote from: Bar-B-Lew on November 17, 2019, 12:55:20 PM ---Curious to see how this turns out as I have looked at an oven  like that before but didn't pull the trigger on purchasing one

--- End quote ---

I started with a regular air fryer then bought one of these. It works well. If i were to buy again i would go with the Breville Air Fry oven. I have one of their smart oven and love the thing. it is big enough for a 9x13 pan and 13inch pizza.

The rotisserie in the one in the picture is useless from my experience, I am going to try again with 2 cornish hens. makes some good taters and fries, chicken thighs, pork chops. Steaks not so much, burgers not to bad.

Bentley:
I thought the whole point of jerky was to avoid fat like the plague?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View