Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sausage  (Read 288 times)

cookingjnj

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Branchburg, New Jersey
Sausage
« on: November 26, 2019, 05:54:00 PM »

After the thread sschorr started last month about brats on the pit, decided to try that method this past week for a "guys football" Sunday.  Six of us got together for a day of wings,  brats, chorizo, sweet Italian sausage and Marquez sausage.  (All store bought).  However we did have some home made Fig Infused Rye, and I smoked a bottle of bourbon.  A good day to say the least.

I will apologize as I only got a few pictures, and worst of all did not get any finished product pictures at all.  But since a few on here answered a couple questions I had about the cook sschorr shared, thought I would respect and share what I learned. 

I smoked the sausage the night before, then sausage on the pit at 200 for 90 minutes.  I then finished on a hot grill for an additional 10 minutes or so.  Sorry did not get the finished pics as mentioned earlier.  Had a great smoked flavor and finishing on the high heat grill (charcoal) allowed for the skin to not be chewy.  Grilled the sausage while the wings were on the pit.

Wings (7#) on the pit at 200 for 90 minutes, then cranked the temp of the pit up to 425 for about 25 minutes to crisp up the skins.   Wings were rubbed with a local all purpose BBQ rub a guy sells around here.  Pic is when they started, no finish pics...ugh!

All the food, Rye and Bourbon were a huge hit with everyone.  Thanks all.

Sausage on the pit
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

Sausage after 90 minutes on the pit
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

Sausage Ready to grill after smoking
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

Wings on the pit
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

triplebq

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • If you are looking you ain't cooking
Re: Sausage
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 06:39:21 PM »

Looks like good eats to me.  :P
Orion Smoker Blaz'n Grid Iron Cookshack FEC-120 Cookshack Charbroiler CB036

cookingjnj

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Branchburg, New Jersey
Re: Sausage
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 07:22:37 PM »

good luck with the surgery.  Hoping for a quick recovery to see some more of your creations soon.  Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Pages: [1]   Go Up