Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Free Mr. Tony on 16 Sep 2017
  • Ohhhhh, sausage rolls.  Are you doing them in puff pastry?

No, but that's not a bad idea. I would be somewhat concerned if the puff pastry dough would hold up to the moisture during cooking. I use a 100% high gluten pizza dough. Not sure of the science behind it, but it seems to not let the moisture soak in during baking like a regular dough. I also use textured soy protein in the sausage. It soaks up the grease as it cooks, and doesn't let much run out. I learned the sausage technique from a former pizzeria owner.

Here is one I did awhile ago with the new sausage process. Virtually no sogginess, which was always my only issue with homemade rolls.

• #17 by Bobitis on 16 Sep 2017
  • Pot pies, frito pie, and ribs. Burp... pfft...

Ahhh...  :help:
  • #18 by Greg1 on 16 Sep 2017
  • Hadn't planned on doing anything but Meijer had baby backs buy 1 get 1 free so they are rubbed and hanging in the fridge and will get smoked tomorrow.
  • #19 by Queball on 16 Sep 2017
  • Potatiskorv Sausage, cheese pierogies and beets.
     [ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
    • Queball
  • #20 by Quadman750 on 16 Sep 2017
  •  :lick:
  • #21 by Free Mr. Tony on 16 Sep 2017
  • Looks good Queball.  Love all that pepper. Sausage looks perfect too. Your pic took me right back to childhood. I ate off those exact plates every night for about 18 years.
  • #22 by Queball on 16 Sep 2017
  • We've probably been eating off of them before you born. ..... Why give up on a good thing!
    • Queball
  • #23 by Bentley on 16 Sep 2017
  • I have no pictures, but according to family I nailed the salmon.  That brining salmon, sure makes for some easier grilling!
  • #24 by sleebus.jones on 16 Sep 2017
  • That brining salmon, sure makes for some easier grilling!

Oh heck yea it does!  Also solves the problem of the white goo (excess protein) coming out when you're cooking.
  • #25 by pdf256 on 17 Sep 2017
  • Ribeyes that I put on high-smoke for about 45 minutes, then on to the sear box on my Camp Chef Woodwind.
     [ Invalid Attachment ]

Then on to the plate with rice and vegis.
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #26 by TLK on 17 Sep 2017
  • TLK,

Thou art going to have some sore legs after 10 games as a ref. Obviously, you've been a player. ....Where did you play?

I played (briefly) in Buffalo, NY where I grew up.  Went away from the game for longer than I cared to but got back in when I moved to Ohio.  Been a referee for past 16 years and a coach for about the same time.
  • #27 by ZCZ on 17 Sep 2017
  • I have no pictures, but according to family I nailed the salmon.  That brining salmon, sure makes for some easier grilling!

Can you post the brine recipe and grill temps & run time in the recipe section?
    A while back (if you recall) I brined (citrus) and then smoked a salmon. Will have to do that again.

Z
  • #28 by Bar-B-Lew on 17 Sep 2017
  • 20# of beef jerky
    wings
    pierogies
    jalapeno beef sausages
    bacon cheeseburger stuffed jalapenos

Resting and packing today.  Head to work in Chicago Monday morning for the next two weeks.
  • #29 by Queball on 17 Sep 2017
  • Chicago! Chicago! That's my kind of town. ....... Born and raised  on the northwest side, but ain't been back in 40 years. .... Guess things might have changed since them.
    • Queball
  • #30 by LowSlowJoe on 17 Sep 2017
  • Nothing in my pellet grills...   at least not yet. I do have some burger that I should cook this afternoon...

I was kinda lazy , cooked some PRIME Top Sirloin that I got at Costco... Fried it in a pan... Yum...   Sometimes, I just like a good pan fried steak... takes like 10 minutes, no vacuuming a grill, or even walking outside... just turn the range hood on high, turn the burner on high... and let the smoke roll off of the smoking hot cast iron pan and the steaks that are frying in it.     Never had PRIME Top Sirloin before... MMm, well I will be buying it again... I think it was $6.99 a pound, maybe $7.99...  Very little fat, ( but did have some marbled in it ), no bone... just tasty beef... It was quite tender and flavorful...  I won't give up on Ribeye, or even Strip steaks... but I am for sure a fan of PRIME Sirloin.

Pages:
Actions