Get Started Here > Important Things to Remember

Donate To PelletFan.

(1/10) > >>

Bentley:
OK...Adam got us set up with a link for paypal.  I will add it in here.  I understand most want no recognition for their donation, we CAN"T give any anyway, so that is not an Issue.  Let me be clear on this, Adam did not think it was wise to use 8 year old programs that would allow this and I respect his judgement, so there will be no icon for showing that some has donated.  For those that wanted this I am sorry.

What I would like to ask is that if you give, you include your handle (in the note section), I will explain why I am asking for this later if you will indulge me now.  I will not divulge this info to ANYONE.

For those that want to send a check, PM and I will send you my address.  Right now those will be the 2 options.  Thank you.

Pellet Fan Donation

Bentley:
Well, do to Very Generous Members there is enough money to extend the hosting of the site till August of 2023  (as long as they will let us go out).  Actually, with the 25% Kristin and I are kicking in and the $50 from ThermoWorks, and the $39.99 refund I just got from HostGator, still xxxxxx off about 2018 incorrect billing (of which there will be no refund), there will be surplus.  You all need to start thinking about what we are supposed to do with that.

So you all want me to take your money and renew till August 2023?

MysticRhythms:

--- Quote from: Bentley on December 12, 2019, 09:20:55 PM ---
So you all want me to take your money and renew till August 2023?

--- End quote ---

That's my vote.

smokin soon:
Good plan!

Bar-B-Lew:
I am open to using the funds to renew for one year, and use the funds to buy things to test.  I get you can't buy a new $1000+ grill to test.  Maybe some other smaller ticket items could be bought and tested.  Then pick a month next year to have another donation drive.

I also have no problem funding thru 2023 like you suggested, but I think we could get more out of those funds doing other things with it.  Unfortunately, I just can't come up with good ideas right now.Maybe the people who donated go in a raffle for the items you tested each time.  May drive more people to donate.

At the end of the day, it is now your money and your site.  You get to decide what to do, but I appreciate you asking for input from the members.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View