Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by glitchy on 11 Dec 2019
  • Slightly modified from a recipe at 5boysbaker. One of our favorites that my wife makes. Original includes beans and chopped canned chipotle pepper in Adobo sauce.

Ingredients

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
        1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Ro-tel tomatoes - MILD
        1 can (10 oz) mild enchilada sauce - Old El Paso
        1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
        1 teaspoon smoked paprika
        1 teaspoon salt
        1 teaspoon ground cumin
        1 tablespoon chipotle tobasco sauce - chipotle would be pretty important here for right flavor
        4 cups cooked white rice
        3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
        3/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese

Instructions

Place chicken in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker.
        In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, enchilada sauce, garlic powder, paprika, salt, cumin and chipotle tobasco; mix well and pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender.
        Remove chicken to a plate and shred using two forks. Return chicken to the slow cooker. Add cooked rice and beans and stir well. Sprinkle cheese evenly across the top and cover. Let heat through about 20-30 minutes.
        Garnish sour cream, cilantro and/or avocado, if desired..
  • #2 by pmillen on 12 Dec 2019
  • The recipe looks as though we'd like it.

How do you serve it?  In a bowl?  Plate?  On buns like pulled chicken?
  • #3 by glitchy on 12 Dec 2019
  • We just scoop it onto a plate and eat it. Couple Mexican joints around here server a similar dish and give you tortillas you can stuff it into and eat like a fajita.
  • #4 by W6YJ on 12 Dec 2019
  • Glitchy,

Looks good.

What kind of beans (guessing pinto), and how much to add?
  • #5 by glitchy on 12 Dec 2019
  • Glitchy,

Looks good.

What kind of beans (guessing pinto), and how much to add?

Not sure, we've never made it with beans. I was thinking the original called for black beans, but it could have been pinto. I tried going to the link I had and it's now dead - just since yesterday.
Pages:
Actions